The return of the SuperTech oil filter at WalMart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is true. Looks like a Wix to me (ProSelect?), in a box with a copyright date of 2016. There was only one size on the shelf, the equivalent of a Fram 10060.

Price - $2.84

Pictures to follow, as soon as I can pull them off of my phone.

IMG_20160222_203429265_zps3bbhwjz6.jpg

IMG_20160222_203438400_zpsysbddfgs.jpg

IMG_20160222_203449883_zpsaqqlmwag.jpg

I always liked the ST filters, at least the non Ecore ones. Good, solid filter at a great price. I've got an old ST6607 and the price tag on it also says $2.84.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
I always liked the ST filters, at least the non Ecore ones. I've got an old ST6607 and the price tag on it also says $2.84.

The one that I had in my hand was not an e-core. I'm betting that these are off the same line as the NAPA ProSelects and the O'Reilly MicroGards.

I, for one, am very happy that W*M has told Purolator that they're done, that I can now get these now instead, and they're back to the old $2.84 price.... WIN, WIN, WIN.

95% at 29 microns, not exceptional but not bad for a <$3 oil filter. At least they put it right on the box, where other filters you have to gp searching the web and still might not be able to find it.

Wow if it is a Wix made filter that is a Win Win Win also ...LOL
I hope its not a purolator although it does not look like it...In the pictures it looks like at least it has oil holes in the center tube that oil can get through..
Could it be a Fram?

The new Purolator Red (the old white Classic) is 96.5% (per their website) but at how many microns?

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Wow if it is a Wix made filter that is a Win Win Win also ...LOL
I hope its not a purolator although it does not look like it...In the pictures it looks like at least it has oil holes in the center tube that oil can get through..
Could it be a Fram?

Everything that I see suggests that it made by Wix, especially the markings on the top of the filter.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
The new Purolator Red (the old white Classic) is 96.5% (per their website) but at how many microns?

Nobody knows, and Purolator won't tell ya.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Nobody knows, and Purolator won't tell ya.

So, the safe answer is... something smaller than a Daisy BB.

Gotcha.
smile.gif

Good to see that Purolator is still playing it sleezy with the marketing.

Unsealed boxes, yippee. Isn't the Fram Ultra's new white color great? I do like the American patriotism on the box. Factory certified, what ever that means, materials too?

Cut it open already!

If it's a Wix clone, I'll definitely be buying these.

And Fram Ultras of course...

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Unsealed boxes, yippee. Isn't the Fram Ultra's new white color great? I do like the American patriotism on the box. Factory certified, what ever that means, materials too?

Is your post a typo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back