Your First Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

SR5

What was the first oil you ever purchased for your first vehicle ?

For me it was Castrol GTX 20W-50.

that I personally purchased?

SuperTech Full Synthetic 5w30 when it was 20ish, 50-75 cents cheaper then QSUD but I picked the cheapest synthetic! End of 2011

Actually, it was Woolworths 20W40 SF recycled stuff.

For my first car, a nLC Torana (138), which I took a 2L icecream container of sludge out of the rocker cover, ran for 20 minutes with a sump full of kero, and did 1 week OCIs for a fortnight.

Then it was 20W50 GTX.

A photo...of my 1954 VW, in 1973. Pretty rough eh? Parked up never to be used again (but the engine was) after I lost my license in it for dangerous driving, told to not use it again...and was caught the next day in it.

Anyway, can you see a sticker on the door? That says SE, the lastest most fancy oil in the world...Caltex something. I don't know what oil I used, but know what sticker I used.

VW%20-%2054_zpsjrhoxc06.jpg

Castrol GTX for my mom's '97 Dakota was the first oil I ever bought period.

First oil I ever bought for myself, I believe was Quaker State Horsepower for my first Ram 1500.

Wolfs Head 5w30, because that was the cheapest oil the auto parts store had for my vehicle's recommendation.

First oil I purchased was Castrol GTX 20w50 as a gift for my Dad who drove an MGB GT at the time.
First oil I used was 10w40 semi from Halfords in a 91 Clio.

It's been long enough, and for me it's irrelevant enough, that I don't remember what brand it was. Probably a 10w40 that was on sale.

Some sort of 5w-20 conventional. I didn't realize , at the time, that a pushrod v6 could use other oil!

At 3000 mile intervals, because that's what I thought you had to do! The owners manual recommended 5000.

How things have changed! Actually, with the amount of miles I drive now, I would be doing an oil change every other month at 3000 mile intervals :S I like to shoot for once a year for both vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back