Lubegard Bio/Tech Engine Oil Protectant - VOA

Oh CT8 so you are an expert on engine flushes and engine supplements now, just like you are an expert on reloading aluminum cartridge cases that are not supposed to be reloaded and you shoot a lot but you did not understand the concept of muzzle energy.

Perhaps you should contact Lubegard, the makers of Lubegard Biotech Engine Oil Supplement and they also make an engine flush, and tell them that their products are no good. One of the scientists that Lubegard employed was a PhD chemist who had worked for Exxon/Mobil.

Here you are bringing up this old post. Skyship was a guy who kept coming back with new user names. He finally decided to leave. Instead of arguing with me, you should contact Lubegard, if you feel their products are frauds.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Skyship was a guy who kept coming back with new user names. He finally decided to leave.

LOL!!

Ok, back on the Lubegard topic.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Turk
Originally Posted By: Mystic
Skyship was a guy who kept coming back with new user names. He finally decided to leave.

LOL!!

Ok, back on the Lubegard topic.
thumbsup2.gif

Let me add he isn't the only member to return with different user names. There's a few who actually think they're good at it.

Back on topic. Bio EP IMO is a good product for someone looking to boost moly.

I don't believe in most oil supplements but I do believe in Lubegard Biotech Engine Oil Supplement. But it is expensive to use every oil change so I have not used it for a while.

I think most of the oil supplements on shelves at auto parts stores are junk. Completely worthless. But Lubegard is different. I have not been in an automatic transmission shop for quite a while (I have been driving manuals for a long time) but I used to see Lubegard transmission supplements in lots of automatic transmission shops. There was a time when three automakers approved of Lubegard transmission supplements. Lubegard is a higher quality company than most of these oil supplement companies.

I was very impressed with how well my engine seemed to run when I used Lubegard Biotech Engine Oil Supplement. I realize that now somebody will come along and demand lab proof. Well, I don't have one million dollars or however much it would cost to pay a lab to do testing. So I don't have lab proof. Whoever demands lab proof, if you promote some product yourself, I want to see the lab proof for that product.

A little off topic but we are expecting attacks from the retread, who keeps coming back with new user names and thinks he is really smart. He may have a few user names right now. Maybe he can argue with himself. He is trying to build up his post count right now and sometimes he merely agrees with what somebody else says. Because he has nothing to offer.

LubeGard and Liqui Moly are two companies whose products perform as advertised with positive results that outshine most other supplements on the market.

I am using 1oz per quart just as a additive booster and my wife's 2011 Santa Fe V6 seems to love it. Even with cold winter starts, the engine is very smooth and quiet.

Do you add lubeguard on top of oil capacity or does it replace some of the oil. If you have a five quart capacity do you have 4.5 quarts of oil plus 15 ounces of lubeguard or so you add five quarts of oil and then put fifteen ounces on lubeguard on top?

The 2011 Santa Fe V6 takes 5.5 quarts of oil with a filter change. I use 5 quarts of QSUD syn and then use 8-12oz of Bio/Tech...It takes it to just below the top fill line in the oil stick. The engine is very smooth/quiet...

Originally Posted By: spiderbypass
Do you add lubeguard on top of oil capacity or does it replace some of the oil. If you have a five quart capacity do you have 4.5 quarts of oil plus 15 ounces of lubeguard or so you add five quarts of oil and then put fifteen ounces on lubeguard on top?

This is a good question. I take 5 quarts and add the biotech. Shake it up. Then add the appropriate amount of the new mixture to the crankcase.

Last edited:
3 ounces of Biotech per quart of oil

Most engines will tolerate a pint of extra oil. Whether you overfill or not is for you to decide.

Originally Posted By: spiderbypass

I refuse to overfill and risk cat failure. My Audi A4's oil capacity is 4.9qts. I remove ~12oz from a 5qt jug and then add 10oz of Biotech(2oz/qt). I shake up the jug a little and then let the engine mix the rest once it's in.

When I used to use it, in a 5 qt. sump I added 4.5 qts. of oil and a bottle of Bio EP. I'd save the leftover half qt. of oil for the next OCI.

I have searched Lubeguard sites, but there is no mention of compatibility with diesel particular filters. I imagine the amount of phosphorous would be a potential negative with regards to adding this product to a modern diesel application with all the anti-pollution stuff intact.

I must say, in my 7 decades of life I've learned to detect snake oil with fairly good accuracy. This LUBEGARD Bio/Tech Engine Oil Protectant sure smells like snake oil to me. Any additive that says, "You shouldn’t start your car without it! FOR USE IN ALL DIESEL AND GASOLINE ENGINES," sure sounds like snake oil to me. It's like a garage that advertises, "We specialize in all makes, foreign and domestic."

For starters, there is no way LG can test this in every oil made. So, there's no way to gauge the effect it will have with YOUR motor oil.

Additionally, this stuff is not recommended by a single automobile manufacturer. Audi specifically says, "Do not mix any lubricants or other additives into the engine oil. Doing so can cause engine damage."

I also question the tests used to "prove" the superiority of this product. Why use the ASTM D-4742 test? According to ASTM (https://www.astm.org/Standards/D4742.htm): "The test does not constitute a substitute for engine testing, which measures wear, oxidation stability, volatility, and deposit control characteristics of lubricants." And, "This test method is useful for screening formulated oils prior to engine tests. Within similar additive chemistry and base oil types, the ranking of oils in this test appears to be predictive of ranking in engine tests. When oils having completely different additive chemistry or base oil type are compared, oxidation stability results may not reflect the actual engine test result." The bottom line is all that test proves is that LG tests better than the other additives with Pennzoil Plus oil. If a different oil was used in the test, Lucas might come out on top and LG on the bottom.

The ASTM D2670 - 95 (Falex Pin and Vee Block Method) may have the same concerns as the D-4742 test. That being that different oils may respond differently due to different additive chemistry or base oil types. This would go a long way towards explaining the vast differences they report for the five oils in the test. Whatever Quaker State oil they tested seemed to benefit the least from LG while whatever Castrol oil they used benefited the most.

If you click on the picture they show of PYB and Mobil 1, you'll bring up a graph showing the results of various additives when used with some kind of Pennzoil (PYB?) Of course, LG gave the best results, but the data point I found interesting was the result with STP, which was worse than Pennzoil alone. This demonstrates that a poor choice of additive and base oil can actually result in poorer results than that of the base oil alone.

The only thing I think their marketing material shows is that with the proper choice of test oils, it can be shown in two test regimens that oil with LUBEGARD Bio/Tech Engine Oil Protectant gives better results than the other test oils they chose. If they were really concerned about an honest proof of their superiority, they would contract with a place like Southwest Research Institute to select a group of popular conventional and synthetic motor oils and test them with LUBEGARD Bio/Tech Engine Oil Protectant against the ILSAC GF-5 engine tests.

Back