Special kind of jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I don't know if the car driver did it on purpose, he doesn't seem to admit it on video and saying "I don't care" does not put the blame on him.

Anyone in their right mind would have reacted much differently (shocked and apologetic, which he wasn't) if they really didn't do it on purpose. Pretty basic psychology 101.

Not I, as sorry as I would be if I did hit that bike, I would have NEVER verbally apologized for the collision, ever nor would I admit fault, ever. It's all about the consequences after the fact.

Even if that old coot is a vile piece of [censored], the bike broke the law initially, and his initial actions caused the collision. It simply would NOT have happened if the bike had NOT broken the law to begin with.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Even if that old coot is a vile piece of [censored], the bike broke the law initially, and his initial actions caused the collision. It simply would NOT have happened if the bike had NOT broken the law to begin with.

I don't think the law will see it that way, for an obvious reason. That's because someone breaking a minor traffic law does not give someone else the right to use their car as a deadly weapon to try and stop their actions. The old coot intentionally tried to at least block them or run them off the road ... so ultimately it was HIS intentional actions that caused the wreck. And he basically incriminates himself by his reaction and his own words to what happened, even though he never point blank admitted to doing it on purpose.

People thinking the old guy was justified in his actions are plain wrong in their logic.

The folks who are sticking up for the old man.... what planet are you from? I want off if your from earth.

Un ?!@#$%ing real !!!!

Originally Posted By: cven
The folks who are sticking up for the old man.... what planet are you from? I want off if your from earth.

Un ?!@#$%ing real !!!!

I am not sticking up for him, if he did this intentionally he should be charged with attempted vehicular homicide. The critical factor is did he at the time the incident happened do this purposely?

I'm not convinced he did. I doubt the old coot even knew the bike was approaching him from the rear to pass at all. I think his reaction is possibly that of a person that is of diminished mental capacity, of course he shouldn't be on the road at all. I tend to believe that the guy was stung by a wasp and had a reflex reaction.

I knew it. The motorcycle operator was driving
WITHOUT a valid license!

So? He got a ticket for it ... case closed. Now for the crazy old lying dude.

WITHOUT a valid license!

You don't lose your license for nothing, I'd love to know what caused him to lose it, perhaps DUI?

Last edited:
WITHOUT a valid license!

This is like saying stealing a cigar makes it okay for the po-po to shoot you walking down the street.

WITHOUT a valid license!

You don't lose your license for nothing, I'd love to know what caused him to lose it, perhaps DUI?

That article said he was "driving with an invalid license".

I read that as he didn't have a motorcycle endorsement on his regular license. Most states require an added endorsement on your regular driver's license to operate a motorcycle.

It didn't say he had a suspended license, which is what you would have if you were found guilty of DUI.

As usual in these types of discussions, the motorcyclists are off the hook, so forget about having an intelligent and balanced discussion. If you don't want to hang the driver then you're automatically sticking up for him/her. Typical "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality.

Seriously, the IQ of this board is dropping by the second. Will it match VW's stock?

The driver is being hung for his actions - plenty of evidence to see his intentions and see through his lies. I'm sure the prosecutor will charge him with something for his actions. He isn't in jail for no good reason right now.

The "wasp in his pants and stinging his groin" excuse is pure fabrication - the article said the prosecutor doesn't believe him. All the police needed to do is inspect for evidence of a bee sting where he claims he got stung, and I'll bet there was no sign whatsoever. Maybe that's why the prosecutor already said he doubts his "story". It will be interesting to see how this keeps unfolding.

OK sure, but it doesn't make it legal .... Period.

And for the record I only go through red lights when there isn't any traffic coming from the other direction.

Just saw this - local news channel.
Car driver now saying a spider bit him. Looks like 2 charges will be forthcoming to him.
MC driver got surgery to his arm. No mention anything else regards to MC driver.

Could have been 1 or more killed

Aren't punishments meant to fit the crime ?

The drivers in this video each were in the wrong, but the man in the car had no right to apply his own 'punishment' to the motorcyclist. When was the car driver deputized to enforce the law ? Does he go after speeders as well ? Should he back up and finish them off ?

He may be frustrated, but unless a crime is being committed, not a traffic infraction, he has no legal ground to stand on. Pull over and call a cop. Even Bernie Getz went to jail, and he had marginally better legal ground to stand on.

If cops went after aggressive and poor drivers more, there would likely be fewer frustrated drivers. However, they only seem driven to tag speeders, not persuing quality of driving issues.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Why do people get so offended when someone passes them?

Good question! I personally love it if someone passes me because then they become the "cop fodder." Texas is a weird place. For some reason it attracts dregs.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Just saw this - local news channel.
Car driver now saying a spider bit him. Looks like 2 charges will be forthcoming to him.

Now it's a spider instead of a wasp ... his story is changing, as he's not a good liar. He's smoked.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Why do people get so offended when someone passes them?

Good question! I personally love it if someone passes me because then they become the "cop fodder." Texas is a weird place. For some reason it attracts dregs.

This.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
As usual in these types of discussions, the motorcyclists are off the hook, so forget about having an intelligent and balanced discussion. If you don't want to hang the driver then you're automatically sticking up for him/her. Typical "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality.

Seriously, the IQ of this board is dropping by the second. Will it match VW's stock?

You hit the nail on the head. It is clear that the motorcyclist
was engaged in reckless driving, speeding, illegally passing on a double yellow line, and not having a valid drivers license, which means he could not even be on the road with the motorcycle at the very least, he also contributed to the serious injury of his passenger. I don't see anything major to note here.
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back