Flew South, now driving a clunker home

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about sunny south Florida!
wink.gif

1997 Saturn SL2 5-speed

Yikes, that's a sketchy saturn!

For starters, it has black bumpers and door handles like a base SL1, not an uplevel SL2, but it has the 6500 RPM redline of a SL2. Most paint is shiny but the hood is dull. They left off the "air bong" which will let hot air leak into the system bypassing the air temp sensor, making it knock and ping after sitting in traffic.

The seats, with fixed headrests, are also out of an SL or SL1. The rims look like from a later model year but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I want to know who'd pull an windshield then put a cracked one in, did they realize another would be $400-500? Were they switching VIN tags? Is the frame bent from some accident?

Angry_cat_no.png

Keem 'em coming though.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: crosseyedwx
How about sunny south Florida!
wink.gif

1997 Saturn SL2 5-speed
This one looks like a backyard hack put a couple junk cars together and got it partially painted at Maaco. Lol. Ill give him $100 and use it for a demo car.

An interesting read! I can't remember the last time I even saw a Cavalier of that generation up here, let alone one that nice. I never noticed that they could come without a passenger side mirror in '93 as well.

Gotta love us Northerners and our fascination for rust free southern cars! I bought my Regal GS because it had spent 5 years in California before coming to IL which made the thing 95% rust free.

For(small) fun, I browse southern state Craigslist posts to gawk at the minty goodness of cars you'd see rusted away up here.

IMG_20150618_043724_528_zpsusn3g3b9.jpg

I am at the airport heading out to do this again. Wish me luck.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
IMG_20150618_043724_528_zpsusn3g3b9.jpg

I am at the airport heading out to do this again. Wish me luck.
smile.gif

What are you getting this time?

At a cheesball motel in petersburg, va. Needed a wiper blade as the old one looked like a fu man chu mustache in operation. Truck stop application guide only listed peterbilts, lol. Plus it's another car without a cigarette lighter. Ps kia rios without cvt trannies are the tool of the devil... horrible cars.

Trouble in paradise... siezed a brake pad, boiled fluid. Stuck in northern va. Carquest has new brake parts coming in on a hub run at 12:30 et. Watch this thread.
smile.gif

Caliper burned to a crisp. Parts at 5:30. Good use of a day off.
wink.gif

IMG_20150619_165352_841_zpsa2jqjqmn.jpg

Not to pull a ght but this is the view of waiting for my calipers...
20.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
IMG_20150619_165352_841_zpsa2jqjqmn.jpg

Not to pull a ght but this is the view of waiting for my calipers...
20.gif

It you're gonna be GHT take pictures of everything! Including the guy at the counter! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back