Oil Filter Flow Question ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
believe what you want all filters Don't flow the same, being in the engine business almost my whole life and attending lots of classes on all kinds of engine related products i know a little about engines and even once in a while you see an oil filter company state that such and such filter flows better than another filter. a/c delco claims one reason they changed to e core is because they flow better. Im sure filter companies test this stuff and know for sure what filter flows the best and what filter filters the best. Everyone has their own opinions and thats good. My oil pressure gauge is one of the only things in my life that i trust 100% except for my dogs and my wife if she is watching...lol
Seriously though i can hear the difference and my hearing and oil gauge is pretty much on par.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Its like clockwork the two gauges i was talking about both can tell between the classic and pure one i am under the assumption that the p1 restricts flow slightly more than the classic i can also see a big difference when changing my oil and filter. Night and day.

There must be something weird going on with your oil pumps (maybe they aren't positive displacement?), as I've used many different brands, including a PureOne and I saw zero difference in the oil pressure at every engine RPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back