the search for. 22 ammo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boss gave me a .22 revolver for Xmas. According to the paperwork it will shoot .22 anything except magnum.

Of course there's no ammo to be found!!

Lots of .44,.45 and even .32 acp. But no .22.

Kinda like having a case of redline 10w30 and no car.

It's been like that for awhile now. I got a .22 rifle this year and I was unaware of it too. It's not entirely impossible to get but it is nothing like it used to be. There are quite a few online vendors selling it but usually for way above retail price. People are getting to the stores early in the morning and buying it up and selling it for 2-3x retail price at gun shows and online. I bought a 500 round brick at a local pawn shop for a somewhat reasonable price and I usually just pick up a small box of it here and there when I see it.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Too bad you aren't closer. I have a bunch of .22LR that will not work in my S&W M&P-22.

Send it to him!!
thumbsup2.gif

Gee, this seems to go on and on. Is there no end? I'd think the hoarding would taper off at some point. I used to buy a brick of .22 for $10. I spose that dates my purchases a tad

There will prolly be no end to ammo shortages. People are too paranoid about gun controls and will continue to stock up. Can't say I really blame them.

I think the hoarding will be ending soon. Over on gunbroker.com I am starting to see a lot of 22 LR with scalper prices just sitting there with no bids. I have been able to pick up about 2,500 rounds with in the last 6 months or so by watching email fliers from Cabelas, Midwayusa, Gander Mountain, etc...

It might be another 10 or 12 months but it will come back unless Hillary Clinton gets elected into office then all bets are off because the panic buying will start anew.

In my neck of the woods at least it's becoming a little more available. There are some gun shops that have it fairly regularly, and even Gander Mountain and ***** take a day or two to sell out instead of an hour or two.

So I'm hopeful that in 6-9 months it'll be fairly easy to find.

If people stopped buying scalper priced ammo that people are waiting at Walmart every morning to hoard and sell, then those scalpers would go out of business. These people have made this a form of income by buying low and selling high to people who will pay the insane prices for 22LR.

I can't seem to find any .22 for less than 8¢ per round, and the better CCI stuff is 10¢-20¢. The Wal-Marts up here never have any, or it's such a small amount that I never see it on the shelf.

If anyone has a stash of CCI Velocitor or Stinger that they'd care to part with, let me know.

I found stingers at Wally about 6 months ago. I was afraid my Marlin tube fed rifle wouldn't like it but I was wrong
wink.gif
. Wish I could have bought more than 200 rounds. I agree that the madness has to stop at some point, over 5 cents a round means I am not buying.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
***** wants $33 for 50!

Buyers set the market. The price wouldn't be that high if it didn't sell. Gun and ammo manufacturers/sellers are hoping and praying another democrat gets the white house.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I found some locally yesterday. I got it at the barter kings(TV show) pawn shop/ gun store. Price was pretty good. $5.99 for 50.

***** wants $33 for 50!

12 cents a round isn't that good IMO. The 22LR sellers are "boiling the frog slowly" ... so pretty soon people will think $1 per round for 22LR is the going price. ****'s is trying to boil the frog too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back