Wax with lots of fillers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the years, I have accumulated a lot of waxes and sealant etc but frankly, I do not think I have anything which has good filling capability. I would like to experiment and see if there is a moderately priced consumer grade wax available at local store which has lots and lots of filler to hide extremely minor paint defect.

Any recommendations?

Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax has a weird scratch hiding property ive noticed. I run a detailing business, and i use it if im just doing a wash & wax.

Collinite is the best wax, period.

Nothing comes close. Their products each have their own ability and when you talk to someone who knows their stuff, they can give you a recipe of Collinite products that will do the job.

I'm putting their #915 Concourse Wax on my new Accord tonight. Find a Collinite Rep in your area or talk to them on the phone, and order what they suggest.

Megs NXT is reputed to have some fillers. I think many consumer otc products should do it, because the people buying them wouldn't necessarily do a full detail but still want their cars to look good.

One way to know if any of the products you have do it is by putting a strip of masking tape down and apply wax to a small section and do a 50/50 comparison.

Originally Posted By: Phishin

Very good, but far from the best. Wolfgang Fuzion, Pinnacle Souveran, Black Racer, Chem Guys J97, Dodo Juice, Zymol.

I am a fan of Collinite 476 for winter though...

As I said I am not looking for good/better/best wax; I am looking for something which has lots of fillers in yet. I want to experience the temporary highs.

Even Meguairs #16 as great as it is, I do not believe it has any fillers in it.

DP Max Wax has some fillers and awesome gloss, but has a durability of several weeks. It is a very easy to use carnauba. Far easier than Collinite.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
As I said I am not looking for good/better/best wax; I am looking for something which has lots of fillers in yet. I want to experience the temporary highs.

I'll come back to P21S Concours Look or 100% Carnauba Wax. The waxes themselves don't have a lot of fillers but they're so buttery when they go on, extremely fine imperfections remain hidden for a few weeks.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Do it, its calling for you..

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ice-Premium-Care-Spray-Wax-20-oz/19864195

Good stuff for short term shine and wipe down
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, its cheap money for an experiment. I'm liking the lazy man detailing, just polish everything including the windows.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Originally Posted By: Vikas

I'll come back to P21S Concours Look or 100% Carnauba Wax. The waxes themselves don't have a lot of fillers but they're so buttery when they go on, extremely fine imperfections remain hidden for a few weeks.

P21s Concours is probably the best mid-grade wax you can get. Also look into HD Poxy.

The IceWax Spray did not do it for me :-( Looks like, I will have to go and get real glaze aka Meguiar's #7 from a professional shop.

On a section of the hood I have used M105 and M205 and there are almost no scratches visible on that portion. I wanted to see if heavy filler based wax would temporarily mask them but with the correct lighting I still can see them. I am trying to fill those micro RIDS.

Although to be fair to IceWax Spray, I will have to see how it looks in the daylight. I have applied to some of the panels so I can do comparison.

Last edited:
Megs #7 can be found at AAP.

If you expect to hide everything without extensive polishing then you will be left disappointed no matter what you use, especially if you have a lot of swirling and deep marring. If that's what you're after then start learning how to do paint correction or lower you expectations.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: randomhero439
Originally Posted By: Phishin

Very good, but far from the best. Wolfgang Fuzion, Pinnacle Souveran, Black Racer, Chem Guys J97, Dodo Juice, Zymol.

I am a fan of Collinite 476 for winter though...

Fuzion is just meh, too overpriced IMO (buy I see in your other posts, the you have never tried Fuzion...strange since you say it's "superior"), Souveran...it's OK, I prefer Signature Series and also less expensive, J97.....50/50 is better IMO, Zymol, most is just junk unless you get into the super higher end stuff.
Wax is super subjective, and for anyone to claim that Collinite, which is an awesome wax/sealant, to be far from the best, is just stating their opinion, not fact. Just saying. Collinte ...and heck California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax will meet most peoples expectations when in comes to a quality wax, and may beat the boutique overpriced waxes also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back