What Power Steering Fluid would you guys use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle is a 2010 Mazda CX-9, owners manual states the following for use as power steering fluid:

Mazda Genuine ATF M-III, M-V, or equivalent (e.g. Dexron® II)

Both fluids are available from the stealership for $9-10/qt, but i'm sure i can get something better from the local Parts store for less.

I have easy access to Castrol Multi-Vehicle, Mobil JWS 3309, or Mobil 1 ATF.

What would you guys use for maintainance, as i aim to turkey baste and refill every oil change just to keep the fluid fresh.

I would use the Mobil 1 ATF.
Mobil 3309 is friction modified and castrol multi vehicle is just probably equivalent to Mercon V.

Mobil 1 is at least full synthetic.

Turkey baste p/s every oil change??? Wow thats a waste. I do mine once before winter and once in spring..which even that is a waste...

I use M1 ATF and have never had a pump fail in 20 years of using this ATF. I turkey baster my pump ever oil change.

I've had good luck with Redline PSF in my wagon. Per the Redline website:
"RED LINE POWER STEERING FLUID satisfies the service fill requirements of most auto manufacturers and can be used where the manufacturer calls for any automatic transmission fluid such as Dexron®, Dexron II-D®, II-E®, or Dexron III®, Ford Type-F, Mercon, or M2C138-CJ such as required by Ford, AMC, Toyota, Nissan, Lexus, Infiniti, Jaguar, VW, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, SAAB, Subaru, Volvo, Porsche, Mitsubishi, Mazda, and many others.

This fluid also satisfies power steering units requiring GM PN 1050017 or 1052884 (Spec Number 9985010), Chrysler Spec Number 5931, and Ford Spec Number M2C33-F. It also satisfies the hydraulic specifications of Denison HF-O, Vickers vane pumps, and Sundstrand piston pumps."

Thanks for all the input folks. I ended up going with Mobil1 ATF for ease of availability and price. I picked up a couple at AZ for $6.50qt while i was clearing out their shelves of $2/qt QSUD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back