auto-rx and bmw m3

Status
Not open for further replies.
i decided to switch to dino and run a full application of a-rx for my manual tranny.. i figured since i'm doing it, i might as well do it right.
any other suggestions for dino tranny oil? (ZF tranny)

furthermore, i'm throwing some in my power steering, just for the **** of it. i was going to flush it anyways, so why not treat it as well. Fluid in there is as dirty as it goes, and the filter is probably partly clogged. Its a non serviceable filter, and i have to replace the reservoir to replace the filter... so i'm wondering if i should just run the a-rx in the dirty fluid/old filter, and then change both the reservoir and the fluid.

We run Royal Purple SynchroMax in our E36 M3 and MaxGear 75w-90 in the diff....smooth shifting and no whine with 178K miles on both units.

Engine was running Royal Purple Racing 21, then RP Racing 41 in the original 3.0L motor (its a '95), but the stroked 3.3L non-OBD with Schrick cams is going in next week, will still run RP Racing 41 with utmost confidence.

Use ARX and its instructions to a T, I just ordered my second bottle a few minutes ago for my wife's "new" car ('97 Accord V6, visible heavy varnish!!), wouldn't blink an eye recommending it to anyone and everyone.

edit-- we just did a bonzai run to pick up said Honda from Tucson, met the in-laws there as a meeting point from San Diego to Austin, I wish I had had a fresh bottle of ARX to throw in the 400 mile trip back in the Accord-- that's how good the stuff is, I can't wait to put it in!

-JamesW
www.DaveTurnerMotorsport.com

i plan on running royal purple too, but thats after the a-rx treatment... what i was asking is what (dino) oil to run during the treatment

This is from the Oz Castrol lubecheck guide. VMX-80 is a staight mineral 75W-80 manual trans fluid. I've used it in Land Rover when doing an AR-X clean/flush.
quote:

Check for colour-coded label next to filer plug. If no label fitted, use CASTROL VMX 80. With orange coloured label, use CASTROL TQ DEXRON III; with green label, use only Mobil SHC 630 (BM); with blue label (Rattle), use only Castrol SMX-B. M5 models, use only Veedol MTFLT1 Synthetic Gear Oil. Do NOT mix fluid types.

how does one know they should use Auto-RX. Do lots of people use it as a preventative measure or should I wait till I have the shudder, knocking or ticking problems to use it?

Auto-Rx is a metal cleaner (not a mechanic in a bottle) use it when you have 25,000 miles and up to clean your ring packs at the very least and it will do a lot more if you have additional issues with your engine-transmission-power steering.And most importantly it is safe to use.

ok so what if the sticker was removed. can i still use the castrol guide? are those fluids compatible with each other or are they completely different and dangerous if used where they shouldnt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back