Am I in any right situation to ask this girl out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant get this girl off my mind, who I met this past Thurs as I was working a 2 day temp job at night (to cover for someone). This was after my reg daytime job. We've all been there, where we see a girl and you're instantly outrageously, out of this world physically attracted to her and you're all caught up in lust with her looks. I just cant get this girl off my mind cause shes a real head turner and very much my type.

Well, Thurs night she walks in and I was just swept off my feet by her looks. Unfortunately she doesnt work from that office and it was a very rare exception that she was there on Thurs. Thurs night, I was really hoping to see her again on the Friday but I didnt and wasnt surprised. But it really would have made my day to see this beautiful girl again.

The day she was there, I was able to talk to her a bit (but very brief) but mostly about the company and what she does yada yada yada. Like 2-3mins brief, she was busy and had stuff to do. If I could have asked her out that day I would have! I really wanted to and was hoping to catch her on the way out but I was tied up with a phone call and saw her walking out the door
frown.gif
. This was my goal, even though very awkward to ask someone out you just met that day. But I mean its a 2 day job I have no time to act. I know her name, but dont know her age but im guessing around my age, 27-33.

The Friday, I ended up having to call her a couple times for a minute to ask for help on something work related. Very brief calls and as much as I would have loved to then end it with "lets go for coffee this weekend" I just couldnt because I didnt find it the least bit appropriate and very unprofessional. I mean she will think "a two day temp comes in and wants to ask me out?" After the calls with her, I figured why not send her an email (which was from the temp work email obviously) and I just said "thanks again for your help!" I didnt get a reply back. I was hoping maybe get a reply back and have a last chance to extend our conversation.

So (unless Im able to ask her out to lunch or coffee) I will never see or talk to this girl ever again, which is a pretty [censored] rotten feeling. Do you think it would be bad if I was to email her from my personal email to her work email and ask her out? Either that or I could call the company on Monday and ask to be transfered to her and ask her on the phone but Im so intimidated! I really want to ask her out but I just dont want it to backfire and make me look like an idiot cause Im sure she will tell everyone else at the company and all can laugh about it or assume Im a loser or a creep.

Last edited:
Just ask her out.

What will you regret more? Not asking her out or being rejected?

The key is if she accepts she is interested, so you'll have all of your confirmations immediately if she accepts or not.

Besides, the guys I go to school with, and myself included, wear rejections like badges of pride, "At least I tried".

So you don't even have rejection to worry about. We all get shot down sometimes, and it is all in good fun anyway.

Originally Posted By: Falken
Just ask her out.

What will you regret more? Not asking her out or being rejected?

The key is if she accepts she is interested, so you'll have all of your confirmations immediately if she accepts or not.

Besides, the guys I go to school with, and myself included, wear rejections like badges of pride, "At least I tried".

So you don't even have rejection to worry about. We all get shot down sometimes, and it is all in good fun anyway.

Ask her out even though Ive only talked to her for like 2mins and I was a 2 day temp? You dont think she will be creeped out?

Its not rejection that Im worried about, its me leaving a bad and unprofessional, inappriopriate impression on the staff there.

Should I just email her and ask her out? I could call but Id really feel awkward with it considering I'll be speaking and having to go through the receptionist first (who I was covering for the 2 days).

Last edited:
Just do something instead of talking about it on BITOG! Doing something and failing is better than standing on the sidelines forever.

You don't have to ask her out, take little steps. Create an opportunity to ask her out by being able to talk to her more outside of work so you are not under pressure or feel it is inappropriate. The next time you are talking to her at work, do a little small talk then end it with, "I'd really like to talk to you some more, any chance we can talk later? You put the ball in her court and if she is interested, she will probably follow up with giving you her phone number or she may say something like "sure, what do you have in mind?" If not, she will probably say she is taken/dating someone.

You have to go after it, or you'll regret it.

Hmmm. Being an uptight "always consider the worst case scenario" type of guy (I wasn't always always this way) I would probably say leave it alone from a professional standpoint. If you email her from your personal email, she could see it as being creepy and tell someone, who could report it to your temp agency.

Did you get any idea she could be interested? Body language? Attitude towards you? If you go a good vibe, then maybe it is worth a shot. If she seemed indifferent, then it could just hurt your current income stream.

Unfortunately she doesn't work in your office? No, its fortunate for you. Work is not a source for chicks. Its work. When you forget that, your screwed.

Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Just do something instead of talking about it on BITOG! Doing something and failing is better than standing on the sidelines forever.

X 2.

Originally Posted By: modularv8
You don't have to ask her out, take little steps. Create an opportunity to ask her out by being able to talk to her more outside of work so you are not under pressure or feel it is inappropriate. The next time you are talking to her at work, do a little small talk then end it with, "I'd really like to talk to you some more, any chance we can talk later? You put the ball in her court and if she is interested, she will probably follow up with giving you her phone number or she may say something like "sure, what do you have in mind?" If not, she will probably say she is taken/dating someone.

You have to go after it, or you'll regret it.

Only thing is, I wont see or talk to her again cause i dont work there anymore. I was only there for 2 days this week. The only chance I can talk to her again is asking her out.

Originally Posted By: VicVinegar
Hmmm. Being an uptight "always consider the worst case scenario" type of guy (I wasn't always always this way) I would probably say leave it alone from a professional standpoint. If you email her from your personal email, she could see it as being creepy and tell someone, who could report it to your temp agency.

Thats what im worried about.

Quote:
Did you get any idea she could be interested? Body language? Attitude towards you? If you go a good vibe, then maybe it is worth a shot. If she seemed indifferent, then it could just hurt your current income stream.

No didnt get any signals from her that shes into me.

It might just be my generation, but, I would never ask a girl out in an e-mail unless we already had that type of relationship.
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back