Any Midwest-Kimball users here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a jobber pull into the shop about 2 months ago. I knew him from my previous job at another shop where the owner was always an immediate "no." I figured Id give him a shot. He had us grab our best Wurth penetrating oil and a foam coffee cup and fill it 3/4 full of water. He took the lid off of another aerosol, where there was a smaller center cap inside of a larger one. He filled the inner cap with Wurth, about 2-3 ozs, and overflowed a little. Dumped it into the cup, and waited. Nothing. Grabbing his, he filled the same inner cap about halfway up, 1 oz, and dumped it in. The water started rolling and within 10 seconds it had eaten the bottom of the cup out. It has proven itself in the few months since then, and Id highly reocmmend it to anyone who comes across it. They also make a really really really good set of drilll bits. Once again, theyve proved to be the best in our automotive shop.

You guys having problems with seized foam cups? Do the same foam cup test with gasoline or acetone. You get the same results but neither are decent penetrating oils on their own.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
You guys having problems with seized foam cups? Do the same foam cup test with gasoline or acetone. You get the same results but neither are decent penetrating oils on their own.

I knew when I saw the original post and when I replied that smart [censored] remarks would soon follow. I'm sure the melting of the cup shows how the product displaces the water and gets to the problem below it, will gas or acetone do that? Also did you happen to see where I posted the product wasn't flamable, last time I checked you couldn't say that about gas or acetone!

How does dissolving Styrofoam have anything to do with the power of a penetrating oil? Got a lot of Styrofoam parts stuck together underwater? Anything with a ketone or many other solvents in it will dissolve Styrofoam. It's an impressive gimmick that shows nothing that has to do with penetrating.

Try a demonstration that is applicable to seized fasteners.

I don't doubt they are fine products but "so powerful they damage chemically sensitive plastic" is not impressive.

I'd put the product I mentioned above against any I've seen or used. I grew up on a farm and I have worked in a manufacturing environment for the past 20 years, I have never seen another product that would stand up to it.

Before you bash it, maybe you should give it a try and form your own opinion based on it's performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back