Lubegard Red or Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2005 Kia Sedona and the transmission fluid was changed out by the dealer about 23,000 miles ago. The transmission is supposed to use SP-III transmission fluid, but the dealer used BG Synthetic fluid according to the receipt. What would be the best Lubegard to put in it? I'm going to be driving cross country in about a month and would like to add Lubegard to help "refresh" the current fill. Thanks in advance for your responses.

While Lubegard is good stuff, you should be fine for many miles to come with the BG synthetic ATF. Was it a pan drop or a complete change of the ATF?

If you want to refresh the ATF, drain or pump a few quarts out and replace with the same stuff.

Lubegard Red is an awesome product. That is your safe bet, it works well. I haven't learned much about the Platinum, it looks good too but the Red is really safe and proven. GO RED

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Lubegard Red is an awesome product. That is your safe bet, it works well. I haven't learned much about the Platinum, it looks good too but the Red is really safe and proven. GO RED

Agreed, out of the two products I think Red is the way to go here. The Platinum I'm sure is fine, but I think it's more for converting ATF's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back