Oil for CH Air Compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering what weight/type of oil do I put into the pump of my Air Compressor? I have a Husky Pro(CH ReBrand) 26 Gallon 2HP Electric that is due for an oil change. The oil I usually use is the CH brand found at HomeDepot but I just went to buy some and looked at the bottle and it is now made in CHINA? instead of the USA
34.gif
so I was kind of skeptical on buying it. I heard the oil is just SAE30 non detergent oil, and I found some Castrol SAE30 Non-Degent oil at my local auto parts store would that be acceptable in the pump of my AC?

Thanks

My rebranded CH stated 5w30 motor oil was acceptable, so we have been running 5w30 Mobil 1.

I run it in two of my compressors, the bigger one (7 horsepower) has countless hours of run time...in fact, its due for an oil change. It really makes them start easier in cold temps.

Quote:
Ingersoll Rand All Season Select T30. I got mine at Northern Tool.

Looks like good stuff but I'm trying to find something locally available. My manual also stated a 5w-30 could be used as a last option but it wasn't recommended because it contained additives that could cause carbon build-up, it recommended a non detergent oil. so would the 30 weight oil be alright?

Last edited:
Mine said synthetic 10w30 if ch oil isn't available. I'm using 10w30 Supertech synthetic.

Originally Posted By: 3311
Mine said synthetic 10w30 if ch oil isn't available. I'm using 10w30 Supertech synthetic.
+++1 John--Las Vegas

Originally Posted By: Mr_Accord
Looks like good stuff but I'm trying to find something locally available. My manual also stated a 5w-30 could be used as a last option but it wasn't recommended because it contained additives that could cause carbon build-up, it recommended a non detergent oil. so would the 30 weight oil be alright?

I was looking at CH owners manuals recently for a new compressor that I was considering, and it recommended Mobil 1 10w-30. It was specific not to use other engine oil brands or weights. Check the CH website to download the current version of the manual for your unit - it might give you more up-to-date guidance.

It's surprising that the Amsoil guys aren't all over this thread - I think they have a compressor oil product too.

The Ingersoll Rand oil is pretty good stuff - the first winter I had my little compressor, it wouldn't start after the beginning of November because the factory fill oil was too thick. This winter I used it the whole way through with the IR oil in it. It has an 8000 hour change recommendation from Ingersoll Rand, which in my case means my children's children will have to change it again some time in summer 2110.

Last edited:
Although I have a Sears air compressor, I did change it out a few times with Amsoil SAE 20 Compressor Oil. May seem a little thin, but it runs fine for the use I give it, and did the same with my father's he keeps on the motor home and it runs well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back