Impact wrench and air compressor

I have an IR235. Rated at 375 ft lbs. Not the most powerful but extremely comfortable in the hand.

IR235.jpeg

Would get a cordless Hercules or Bauer from HF. Be better, and take up less room. The Hercules are 5 year warranty 3 year battery on the brushless. Look for a good sale
For as often as I use it.. the batteries would just, die on me.. and I would rather it be ready when I am.. in case I decide to do it on a spur of the moment. LOL 🤣🤣

I'd go cordless, my Makita charges the battery very quick, and not chasing an air line around has to have some value in it, even if the batteries have to be replaced on a yearly basis (and swapped out every few hours). I bought the drill & quarter inch impact when building my home office; it came with a charger and one or two batteries. Something else followed, with another battery and charger... then the circular saw with more batteries and a dual bay charger. The quarter inch impact drives construction screws very nicely (I'll never swing a hammer ever again!) and occasionally I'll use it on the car for lighter duty stuff. The 1/2" impact rarely doesn't have what I need, but I'm no mechanic.

That said, the cheapskate I am, I'd go with the HF Earthquake, mine works well (bought it before I went cordless several years later). But the cheapo Husky oilless compressor... that I'm not so sure about, I think the 3/8" line (?) (it's not the rinky-dink quarter inch line) doesn't flow enough air, or maybe it's the compressor regulator, but I'd swear, years ago when I was using it, it was not holding 90psi to the air tool like it should be. That and the oilless compressor is not what you'd call "quiet". If I were to do it again, oilled and not from Home Depot. :)

My batteries would go dead for as often as I use them...
I have an older version of this one. It was my first (of now many) 20v Dewalt tool. The batteries have very little discharge. I too got it for putting on and taking off snow tires, on two cars. Worth the investment imho considering I used to use a breaker bar.

I have the older version and it seems to be my go to. You can't go wrong with Astro Tools, I found their CS to be fantastic as well.
That's always good to hear. I have that saved, my Amazon list. That looks very promising.. as I don't need it immediately. But I'm definitely looking for something soon. So that might fit the bill. When it comes back in stock.

Back