LUBEGARD BIO-TECH Engine Oil Protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: panthermike
Just my two cents. Biotech, LG engine flush and MMO are the only additives(engine) that I use now and I've tried a bunch!

How do you feel about LubroMoly MoS2, a cheaper alternative to the additive the OP is talking about or what?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'm interested in your observations and seeing your UOA report!

I did get to have 3/4th Quart top off during this current OCI, that I will get tested at 5,000 miles. I'll probably get 1/4th of a Quart on my next OCI. I may just change the oil at that time as well and get a re-test with the LG product at 5,000 miles on the next OCI...or 7.5k each time. I may leave the SSO in that long now, but will change it if the UOA at 5k comes back nasty in any area. If the engine didn't have so many miles and unknown service history from my perspective, I would leave it in until 7,500 no questions asked. I just am super OCD on this first extended interval.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Just my two cents. Biotech, LG engine flush and MMO are the only additives(engine) that I use now and I've tried a bunch!

How do you feel about LubroMoly MoS2, a cheaper alternative to the additive the OP is talking about or what?

I actually haven't tried it, so no comment. Many people swear by it though.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim

I actually haven't tried it, so no comment. Many people swear by it though.

I'm trying it in my Stratus, driven about 3k-5k a year on one oil change of Amsoil SSO, just to try to help reduce wear and if consumption is reduced at all another plus, but I wouldn't mix MoS2 with the LG product.

Originally Posted By: FMC
Demarpaint, I see you have in your E-150 with Edge 5W30, have you been using this product for a long time ? Have you noticed any benifits ?

Two observations I have are these. Since I've changed to Edge 5W30 my pre-luber pump takes less time to pressurize the system first start of the morning. At temps of 30*F and lower Edge pumps through the system faster than M1 5W30, PYB 5W30, and SSO 0W30. All the way down to about -4*F the coldest I've had since I used Edge. Those oils and Edge are the only oils the engine has EVER seen. Adding MMO to the oil makes it pump up even faster in colder temps, [which is why I suggest to people on the fence about MMO to do their engine cleaning during the winter for added benefits of easier cold starting]. Having said all of that, adding the Bio Tech EP the oil pumps faster through the pre-luber, but not as fast as with the addition of MMO.

My second observation is this, after a measured run just shy of 20 miles, same ambient temps, no traffic, approximately the same speed and driving conditions. If I take my digital thermometer and measure the oil pan temp, at the same spot on the oil pan, my oil is about 4* F cooler. Understand this is in no means a scientific study, but I took enough pan measurements to come up with temp readings and was able to measure a difference. I wish I would have taken data for a 60 minute run before adding BTEP . Sorry I don't have the exact numbers I did these measurements a while ago. I don't calculate mpg in the E-150 so I can't comment on that.

I'm sure I'll catch some flames, please note these are "my observations", nothing more.

Well, lower operating temps, as a result of reduced friction anyway, on top of whatever oil you are using, would result in better MPG as long as you are getting up to operating temp. Sure, ambient temp helps MPG a lot, but since 1/3 of fuel can be lost due to evaporation or related loss from heat, then helping control heat "some" can't hurt your MPG. It's just about finding that proper balance. I'm sure this product does better for some applications over another, though.

http://lubegard.com/pdfs/Bio-TechEngineProtectant_PS.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back