Sulfonated technology and Calcium Sulfonate Greases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall be interested to hear what you think about ultra sulfonated technology and Calcium Sulfonate Greases.
It will be appreciated if you will please to put some links for articles about sulfonated technology here.

good water resistance, high drop point, good rust inhibiting etc. other than some compatibility issues a good grease.
bruce

My pesonal belief is that overbased calcium sulfonate will become the primary thickener used for food grade greases. The calcite particles(5000 angstrom's from one paper) lay down on the metel surface in a fish scale like layer giving the surface corrosion resistance and good AW/EP attributes. Some data I've seen with 50% water addition and worked 100k strokes in a grease worker show very little change in worked penetration. It also tends to nutralize acids.

I think, but havn't seen any data to support this is that it sould be capable of providing a thicker lubricating film due to the calcite layer.
NLGI has a new paper on this which I havn't gotten yet.

To RB Shannon:
Here is the link of one US manufacturer of Calcium Sulfonate Greases
http://www.speclubes.com/s_autogen.html

* SLIPKOTE HIGH TEMP WHEEL BEARING GREASE EP 2 – have Calcium Sulfonate Thickener. It meets NLGI GC-LB requirements, but not certified.
* SLIPKOTE MP-2 MARINE GREASE EP 2 – have Sulfonate Complex Thickener.

If you are interested, I can send you the Specs.

Ok, Guys. I am going to meet a New Year. May I take this opportunity to wish you a very happy New Year!

To RB Shannon:
By the way, the Huskey Specialty Lubricants are manufacturing many NSF Reg. H-1 greases and oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back