Regane vs Techron vs Redline vs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: qship1996
Amazon up til recently sold redline Si-1 for $60 for a case of 12 DELIVERED price to your door!!!!

Redline has recently cracked down on their dealer network about selling their products at big discounts....even threatening to stop shipping to dealers who continue to do so- and worse, they are now selling direct from the factory, further eroding their dealers sales potential....not a good thing for their dealers or us in the long run.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would Redline care what people are selling their product for? They still buy it from Redline at the same price.

Sure it makes a LOT os sense, For starters Redline is selling their own products direct from their website now{at full retail price}, how much do you think they would sell if you could purchase through one of their dealers for significantly less than redline itself???? second, MANY manufacturers require their dealers to maintain certain prices on consumer products to keep the integrity of their pricing structure, as the higher the retail price is, the higher the factory can charge to their dealers wholesale....all about maintaining the profit margains. Weber barbques is a good example of this- every grill was on sale in the late fall at home depot and lowes, some at almost 1/2 off to clear them out, EXCEPT Weber grills which they did not offer ANY discount on!!!!! Rolex and other lux. watches also are very watchful of their dealers discounting their watches below what the manufacturer sets....happens in almost every area of quality consumers products, just many dont realize it.

I've not used Regane. Used both Techron and Redline. Both are good but Redline is less expensive. Plus, after treatment, I use maintenance doses. No issues ever for me.

Techron complete fuel system cleaner is a great product for the price. Have used Techron for multiple vehicles for a decade now. Actually ran back to back bottles on my Acura when purchased used with 82,xxx miles back in 2014. Car ran sooo much smoother from the before & after. Same results with my 06 Camry 2.4L with back to back doses when inheriting off my Aunt in 2012 wish 60,xxx miles. Now I run it every 3000 miles in all vehicles in signature & will continue to do so for maintenance & peace of mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back