Luvin' the MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right.

She really emphasized the initial "pep" from a dead stop. MMO definitely helped!

About a month ago I put most of a can of Seafoam in the tank of gas and that helped too.

I mentioned both dosings to her and she said now it has even more power than when I added the Seafoam.

I think that '97 Camry 4 banger engine needed some cleaning!
LOL.gif

You actually went about it the right way. They suggest using a good FI cleaner first. Seems the Seafoam probably did a good job cleaning things up. MMO will keep things clean and lubed. My father swears the Top Oil makes a better ring seal, and increases compression slightly which is why he believes the engine runs smoother and with more power after adding MMO to the gas. He never backed that statement up with a compression test, but it made sense to me.

AD

Originally Posted By: tpitcher

A follow-up!

I put a Pint of MMO in the 3.8 Qt sump and 1.5 ounces of MMO in 6 gallons left in the tank. She ran the tank close to empty.

I also brought the tire pressure up from ~30 psi to 38 psi.

She said she is using 1 gallon less gas in a tank. So, she puts in about 10 gallons, so that is about a 10% increase in gas mileage.

She also said enthusiastically it has a lot more power, especially from a stop. She said it used to start off slow from a stop, now it is way more peppier!
thumbsup2.gif

I think the additional 8 psi in the tires contributed more than the MMO. When I pump up my tires, the car feels peppier too.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Originally Posted By: StevieC
I just started the 2000 Corolla on the MMO, I used 4oz. this time. The tank is 13 gallons, usually only 10 or so to fill up. I think 3oz for continuous use will be good, does that seem reasonable?
YUP!

Thanks for your response, I know you now have extensive experience with MMO
grin2.gif
All of the positive feedback has got me intrigued and I need this little car to last me a long time.

I'll also report back w/ mileage numbers.

I don't try something unless I research it to death, then I don't post about it here unless I absolutely can say without a doubt that I like the product and can back that up with real-world experience with it.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Nederlander75
You have me thinking of trying this in my DI Speed 6. Wonder if it will clean up the theoretically fowled intake manifold, EGR, PCV, exhaust valves, etc or if it will make the overall lubrication worse as the oil dilutes with fuel. Cant really see it doing that given it being more lubricating than fuel itself. ...

You might need a PEA based fuel system cleaner like Amsoil PI for a couple of consecutive tanks first, then I would switch to a Top-Tier gasoline with MMO and drive like that for a 8-10K Miles, then you could use any gasoline and MMO. (Although I would stick with a top-tier fuel).

Last night I did a somewhat scientific test. I got my car nice and warm, then went out on the deserted interstate and set my cruise control at 55mph. When I reached a bridge, I reset the trip MPG in my Scangauge, then drove about 6 miles, and checked the reading just before the off-ramp I was to take. 27.1mpg

I pulled over, added enough MMO to the fuel to bring it to a 570:1 ratio (just wanted to do something between the typical 500:1 and 640:1 ratios I did with TC-W3) then shook the car around to mix in in, and also swerved around like a drunk on a back road to also aid in the mixing.

I drove back to my starting point, turned around and heading in the original direction again on the same stretch of road at the same speed, traveling the same distance saw an average of 27.9mpg

I didn't repeat the test because it was about 3AM and I was tired, and didn't want to burn up $10 worth of gas just for the heck of it.

I just started the 2000 Corolla on the MMO, I used 4oz. this time. The tank is 13 gallons, usually only 10 or so to fill up. I think 3oz for continuous use will be good, does that seem reasonable?
YUP!

grin2.gif
All of the positive feedback has got me intrigued and I need this little car to last me a long time.

I don't try something unless I research it to death, then I don't post about it here unless I absolutely can say without a doubt that I like the product and can back that up with real-world experience with it.
thumbsup2.gif

That's good, I always take your advice/experience seriously :)

YUP!

grin2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I do the same thing! After more years than I care to remember I've been using MMO, and always had good results and experiences with the product. I'm glad to see others are using it and getting similar results.

A few suggestions I give to first time users: use the suggested amounts or even a little less, more is not better! Give the product a chance to work, on occasion people get instant results, for others it takes some time. Keep a log of MPG and tweak the dose up or down and check results. MMO is not going to ruin your engine! During the winter months I like to use the total recommended dose, I really believe it helps keep the top end of an engine protected during that first start on those cold winter mornings.

I have put a squirt of the stuff in the engine oil of my Neon on it's last change to experiment with. It now has over 1200KM (750K Miles) and the oil is so clean looking you can't see it on the dipstick. (Normally it is starting to darken by this point)

I will keep you posted on the results as they come in, but so far I like it mixed with the Dino oils too.
grin2.gif

How much is a squirt? I've found when adding it to oil anything less than 8-10 ounces doesn't do much. In a 5 qt sump a pint works well most of the year, in the dead of winter a full quart is the way to go, especially for my Canadian buddies.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
How much is a squirt? I've found when adding it to oil anything less than 8-10 ounces doesn't do much. In a 5 qt sump a pint works well most of the year, in the dead of winter a full quart is the way to go, especially for my Canadian buddies.

So what does it actually "do?" What is some measurable evidence of this stuff doing anything?

Originally Posted By: badtlc

So what does it actually "do?" What is some measurable evidence of this stuff doing anything?

It will keep fuel injectors clean and carburetors from getting gummed up, it also lubes the entire fuel system so it takes care of the valve seals and valve guides. This will also lead to your spark plugs being cleaner and free of deposits.

This product stopped my small lawn mower from puffing smoke, before MMO this mower would let out a few puffs of smoke while I was mowing the yard, no more oil consumption issues and the spark plug looks fantastic.

MMO increased the gas mileage on my carburated small block chevy by 1 m.p.g. and on my Mercury Marauder it increased the gas mileage by 2 m.p.g.

Also both cars are much more responsive and smoother running, thanks to Demarpaint who turned me onto using MMO in the fuel, I am very happy with the product and I will continue too use it because it flat out works better than anything else out there.

Thanks c3po, a lot of people have their doubts, and want to see pictures, I wish BITOG was around 35 years ago LOL..

Anyway it kept my engines clean and working well for over 35 years of driving. Please don't ask for pictures I don't have any. Never had to replace a fuel injector, and only 2 fuel pumps. I keep cars very long.

Just had this conversation last night with my brother. He was complaining about how lousy the gas has been in his boat, and how the carb has been giving him problems since he stopped using the MMO in his 250 I6 Chevy engine. He recently cleaned and adjusted the carb and started adding MMO again, the problems are gone. Before he stopped using the MMO a carb clean up would last a few weeks, its almost 2 months now w/o issue.

As far as measureable evidence, look through the recent MMO posts and see how many people are satisfied with the stuff.

I recall c3po having some carb issues with his El Camino over the winter, after a lot of tweaking and some adjustments the addition of MMO has his car running better than ever. Did I miss something?

Thanks c3po, a lot of people have their doubts, and want to see pictures, I wish BITOG was around 35 years ago LOL..

Anyway it kept my engines clean and working well for over 35 years of driving. Please don't ask for pictures I don't have any. Never had to replace a fuel injector, and only 2 fuel pumps. I keep cars very long.

Just had this conversation last night with my brother. He was complaining about how lousy the gas has been in his boat, and how the carb has been giving him problems since he stopped using the MMO in his 250 I6 Chevy engine. He recently cleaned and adjusted the carb and started adding MMO again, the problems are gone. Before he stopped using the MMO a carb clean up would last a few weeks, its almost 2 months now w/o issue.

As far as measureable evidence, look through the recent MMO posts and see how many people are satisfied with the stuff.

I recall c3po having some carb issues with his El Camino over the winter, after a lot of tweaking and some adjustments the addition of MMO has his car running better than ever. Did I miss something?

I do not want pictures. Those mean nothing. I'm looking for quantifiable, repeatable, differences. Compression readings, efficiency readings, reduced wear readings, emissions readings, decibel readings, anything but "it feels great" kind of stuff. Even MPG calculations aren't worth anything due to the unlimited number of variables.

For example, my MPGs improved a lot when I started drinking more water. I felt a whole lot better, more energy, healthier and just happier overall. This led me to feel more patient during my daily commutes. I in turn stopped slamming the gas and brake pedals as hard. This lead to a very noticeable 2 MPG increase in my mileage. I recommend everyone drink more water to improve their gas mileage.

Only proof I have is in our UOA section, search away there are a few users of MMO that had some fantastic results. All the rest of us are testimonies. I don't have the time or money for scientific testing, I know my cars, I know when something is wrong, and when something is better. My suggestion to you would be stick to drinking water with those results.

I bought used a car many years ago that had a problem with the float in the gas tank, causing problems with the gas gauge. I started adding MMO to the gas, and after a few tankfuls the gas gauge started working properly again. I've heard of others actually on this site that had the same experiences.

Last edited:
If you want quantifiable results, do your own test. Otherwise, stop whining.

MMO, Lucas UCL.... work for me. And, dosage is important. Many overdose. 1 ounce per gallon is a shock dose, with 1 ounce per 5 gallons a good starting point for a maintenance dose.

2oz or so is what I added just to see.

I do not want pictures. Those mean nothing. I'm looking for quantifiable, repeatable, differences. Compression readings, efficiency readings, reduced wear readings, emissions readings, decibel readings, anything but "it feels great" kind of stuff. Even MPG calculations aren't worth anything due to the unlimited number of variables.

For example, my MPGs improved a lot when I started drinking more water. I felt a whole lot better, more energy, healthier and just happier overall. This led me to feel more patient during my daily commutes. I in turn stopped slamming the gas and brake pedals as hard. This lead to a very noticeable 2 MPG increase in my mileage. I recommend everyone drink more water to improve their gas mileage.

I would like to have a scientific lab but I don't... Sorry
smirk2.gif
Why don't you try the product for yourself and see what we are talking about. If it "doesn't work" as we all have stated you will have only lost a few bucks but at least you will know!
wink.gif

Tank #1: Added 4oz. to the tank(13 gallon tank). This is for the 2000 Corolla. 28.05mpg, about the same as usual; mixed driving. Definately some spirited driving as well.

Also, this car has the 3spd auto. I'm happy so far, car is running well. MPG wasn't great, but as I said, plenty of city driving with some near WOT's. Also, A/C is on constantly in this PHX heat. For a 3spd auto not bad, but it can do better I know :) Best i've ever recorded to date is 35.2mpg, this was all highway some hills though and was during an ARX clean phase.

I will post after the second tank of gas w/ the MMO, I added 3oz. this time.

Thanks undummy, stevieC, and panthermike. Funny thing about any additive product is there are people who haven't tried a product and yet bash it, or cast doubt. Sure there are ways to scientifically test a product, but why should the average car enthusiast do that? Especially when they are keeping logs of MPG's, and seeing repeatable increases, pulling oil pans and valve covers noting cleaning has taken place, have heard lifters quiet down, slowed oil use, freed fuel floats, cleared up carb and injector issues, noticed improved idling, etc, etc. Seems there is enough proof from respected people on BITOG to sell me on MMO, that is if I wasn't using it already.

My bet is you guys know just about every little nuance about your autos, good and bad. When it is running well, you know it, when something is off you know it, and when something has improved you know it. Seems MMO is working for a lot of us, I might be a little nuts, but are all of you nuts too? I doubt it!

Respectfully,
Frank D

So, you are at liberty to perform the tests that you require. I can say that both TCW3 and MMO work for me. Accept it or don't, it is of no consequence to my use of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back