Empty ammo shelves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke with a Wal-Mart Dept. Manager this morning about the empty shelves, and she told me that someone came in from California yesterday and bought just about everything they had. Over a thousand dollars worth... He was buying the ammo here, sales tax free, and taking it back down to California to sell.
frown.gif

I can't blame the guy... I don't think it's illegal, but just wished he'd save a little something for us locals.
grin2.gif

I think there's 4 or 5 Wal-Marts off of I-5 between here and the CA border. He probably was hitting them all up.

All I know it is really hard to get ammo right now for my .40 Cal Glock. It is a good thing I have a conversion kit and I can also fire .22 long rifle ammo. At least you can still find the .22 ammo.

With everybody stockpiling ammo I don't know what good it will do the government to try to control ammo in any way. Lots of people will have their own stockpiles.

And if the government does get stupid with people concerning guns and ammo wait until the next election year. See ya!

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Low taxes stimulating your local economy!
grin2.gif

The guys got a good thing going if it's legal.

The guy is liable for use tax in Cali.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
And if the government does get stupid with people concerning guns and ammo wait until the next election year. See ya!

Amen...
06.gif

It is a good thing I have a conversion kit and I can also fire .22 long rifle ammo. At least you can still find the .22 ammo.

Consider yourself lucky. I cant even find decent 22lr rounds here. I got a new semi rifle thats picky on ammo and cant find enough brands to find one that it likes.

Supply and Demand. Hoarding is driving the demand, and the ammo companies and firearm manufacturers/distributors/retailers get rich. Just like big oil. I won't buy this overpriced [censored]. When people reach the break point and stop buying, the price will drop. The prices I have seen lately are rediculous.

Originally Posted By: JetStar
Just like big oil. I won't buy this overpriced [censored]. When people reach the break point and stop buying, the price will drop. The prices I have seen lately are rediculous.

Lets not be silly. You do realize that "Big Oil" is the world buyers market and not a group of people sitting around figuring out how to make us spend more, right? People are hoarding guns and ammos because of decade old rumors that a democrat president will come in and take everyone's guns and it can drive the price up.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
FED just printed $1 Trillion more. You think prices (for everything) are high now?

They print virtual money? :)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
People are hoarding guns and ammos because of decade old rumors that a democrat president will come in and take everyone's guns and it can drive the price up.

These rumors are a bit more recent than the last decade , see current HR45 bill for starters .

Originally Posted By: CITYSLICKER
People are hoarding guns and ammos because of decade old rumors that a democrat president will come in and take everyone's guns and it can drive the price up.

These rumors are a bit more recent than the last decade , see current HR45 bill for starters .

The 1994-2004 semiauto gun ban was just a rumor? Shucks, I got all upset over nuttin'.

Originally Posted By: CITYSLICKER

That bill is OLD News. has been since it was introduced in Jan. IT HAS NO, repeat NO cosponsors. Just like the similiar versions introduced over the past few years, IT DIES everytime. NRA mumbo jumbo call tried to scare me with that today when he called.

It's not much, but there are 68 DEMOCRAT REPs who wrote a letter to the AG, stating they've had enough of all these introductions of new Gun Laws, and a supposeded AWB

I just wish people would stop hoarding all the ammo. Instead of hoarding ammo how about if we see what happens in Congress and if a lot of silly stuff gets passed we can vote those people out of office. Get to the root of the problem rather than hoard ammo.

It would really be nice to be able to walk into the local Wal-Mart Store and buy ammo for my .40 cal Glock.

There may be a lot of silly new laws passed in the next few years. Who knows if there will be or not? It can all be repelled later on. I can remember many years ago when a person could not buy high capacity magazines for handguns. When I bought my SIG they allowed only 8 round magazines (I think)-not 15. Well, that all changed, right? Not trying to be political here but when people in office mess with our rights we just throw them out and elect different people. So far this is still a democracy-right?

Let somebody else have ammo too. Do not hoard.

There has been talk by officials of a new AWB to help "save" Mexico.
smirk2.gif
I don't blame people for being concerned at all. With the economy the way it is and no signs of it getting better, be prepared. There is a long road ahead.

Sorry Mystic.

There is NO WAY I'm going to stand by and see if maybe or not that they try to pass something that takes away rights.

It is always easier to pass something then once it is passed to *try* to repeal the law.

OVER 20k worth of useless gun laws (99% of them are useless since they do not ENFORCE them) on the book prove that.

As far as people hording ammo.. That is what happens when there is a chance of something being attacked.

Since what is being attacked is a right, people react even more strongly.

Idiots in DC know without ammo, the "bad" guns are useless (sorry, all guns are bad.. I forgot).

What they can not ban in weapons (due to current (NOT future) Supreme court) they will make useless with ammo bans.

Them trying to destroying all the surplus brass from the military (which has failed for now) was just the beginning.

Bill

I can remember many years ago when a person could not buy high capacity magazines for handguns. When I bought my SIG they allowed only 8 round magazines (I think)-not 15.

That is because they (the people on the right) put in a sunset on the law.

Current idiots have said that was a big mistake and since they have the majority, this time it is passed, it WILL NOT have ANY date.

IT WILL BE PERMANENT.
06.gif

Bill

PS: The ban was for anything past 10 rounds. This time they already have said that 5 is "magic" number. I love that 10 was ok but 11 is evil.
crackmeup2.gif

We live to that ten rounder limit in our handgun mags to this day in Canada.

And for the most part, semi rifles are limited to five rounds (certain exemptions apply).

Made worse currently by the fact that the handgun/semi-auto community has been sold out by the prime minister to have the death of the "duck gun registry" passed... And that the RCMP (our national police) have become political, and decided to "re-classify" certain guns AFTER their arrival into the port, making them prohibited from ownership.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Them trying to destroying all the surplus brass from the military (which has failed for now) was just the beginning.

While I'm not yet sure whether the decision to destroy all surplus military brass was malicious or not (at this point in time I'm leaning toward it being a standard bureaucratic SNAFU), I'm encouraged by the fact that it was reversed so quickly once it was brought to light. Ten or fifteen years ago this wouldn't have happened. Anyone objecting simply would have been ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back