Empty ammo shelves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Buffman
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
I just loaded up on 9mm +P+. A lot more energy than regular 9mm...

And your point is... :)

.357 sig is a high pressure round. You'll notice in the following picture you'll see that properly designed hollow point ammo performs very close regardless of caliber when expanded diameter and penetration are looked at...

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Misc_Images/DocGKR/Handgun_gel_comparison.jpg

I have a 357 Magnum revolver also.

The "One Shot Stop" with a 115 gr. 9mm is 75%.

The "One Shot Stop" with a 115 gr. +P is 92%.

I'll use my case of 9mm FMJ for practice, but when it comes to my permit to carry and home defense, my 15 round magazine is loaded with 9mm JHP +P+. That's my point.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: Tremo
Originally Posted By: moribundman
The Ferengi Rule of Aquisition #25: Fear makes a good business partner.
#22 also applies: Wise men can hear profit in the wind.

I'm afraid you are correct, my friend. I would hope that more intellegence/saner thinking would prevail. Perhaps I hope for too much.
All that sane thinking from the other side.

It has done wonders for your State...
crackmeup2.gif

Better that your state. We're not run by a bunch of whackos.

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
The gun show was a bust, they had very little ammo and what was there was pretty pricey, no good deals at all. Wal-Mart kills their prices, and even Academy/other retail sporting goods stores were a few dollars cheaper per box of 50 rounds of range ammo.

Well I did go to Wally's and it's true. Bare shelves. Only thing left was a few boxes of shotgun shells, 3 or 4 boxes of 30-06, some .223, and some rimfire. The guy behind the counter says they get new shipments daily, and it's all gone within 20 minutes.

This is insane. I was hoping the flyover state mentality would not apply here.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: moribundman
The Ferengi Rule of Aquisition #25: Fear makes a good business partner.
#22 also applies: Wise men can hear profit in the wind.

I'm afraid you are correct, my friend. I would hope that more intellegence/saner thinking would prevail. Perhaps I hope for too much.
All that sane thinking from the other side.

It has done wonders for your State...
crackmeup2.gif

Better that your state. We're not run by a bunch of whackos.
hahahaha

You have got to be kidding.. 42 billion PLUS in the red. Possibilities of letting out 30k worth of prisoners. Commuting from LA to SAC in a G5 daily.

IOU for Tax refund checks...

You need to get out and see the truth...

And you are calling us WHACKOS..

HAHAHAHA..
crackmeup2.gif

Good one!

Thanks made my week.
11.gif

Take care, bill

I grew up in California, and have lived in many states during my military career, to include Utah. I have to side with Bill on this one.

Taxes and fees in Cali are starting to rival Mass. With all they receive, they still can't balance their budget. The woman on welfare that just hatched 8 implanted embryos just emphasises how screwed up the system is there. Welfare queens nationwide are moving there to suckle off the generous state teat.

Businesses are leaving Cali quicker than the whacko politicians there can dream up new taxes. It's a beautiful state, but soon people who work for a living won't be able to live there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Buffman
I just loaded up on 9mm +P+. A lot more energy than regular 9mm...

And your point is... :)

.357 sig is a high pressure round. You'll notice in the following picture you'll see that properly designed hollow point ammo performs very close regardless of caliber when expanded diameter and penetration are looked at...

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Misc_Images/DocGKR/Handgun_gel_comparison.jpg

I have a 357 Magnum revolver also.

The "One Shot Stop" with a 115 gr. 9mm is 75%.

The "One Shot Stop" with a 115 gr. +P is 92%.

I'll use my case of 9mm FMJ for practice, but when it comes to my permit to carry and home defense, my 15 round magazine is loaded with 9mm JHP +P+. That's my point.

I said .357 sig
wink.gif
one shot stop? Where did we find those figures?? Was just adding to the conversation not doubting the +P ammo or anything.

Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ
I grew up in California, and have lived in many states during my military career, to include Utah. I have to side with Bill on this one.

Taxes and fees in Cali are starting to rival Mass. With all they receive, they still can't balance their budget. The woman on welfare that just hatched 8 implanted embryos just emphasises how screwed up the system is there. Welfare queens nationwide are moving there to suckle off the generous state teat.

Businesses are leaving Cali quicker than the whacko politicians there can dream up new taxes. It's a beautiful state, but soon people who work for a living won't be able to live there.

You can have your desert and your weak beer. Yes it's expensive here, but Utah is somed place I'd never live.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can have your desert, your (religion comment which is a NO-NO) and your weak beer. Yes it's expensive here, but Utah is somed place I'd never live.

I value my rights more than weak beer.. (what a reason).
smirk2.gif

Glad you hate it here. I wished more people did. The close to tripling of our population in the last 15 years is not wanted by me. Interesting that most people moving here are from your state.

You can tell who those are, they are the ones who start a sentance with;

"Where I'm from" blah blah blah...
LOL.gif

Have fun.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Anyway Bill, that 500% tax...and now...any links ?
500% increase on tax. And its coming. Hopefully enough blue dogs get with the program.

I'm not going to post a R/S/P link and get in trouble. (Been there, done that not too long ago)

Go read eariler and you'll see who said it on the public radio durning a interview.

You don't have to worry about it down there. You are safe... (so they say)

As per previous post, best I could find was a 500% of the existing tax back in 1999..still not nice...but not factually correct, not current

read earlier..what public radio ?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
As per previous post, best I could find was a 500% of the existing tax back in 1999..still not nice...but not factually correct, not current

read earlier..what public radio ?
I'll PM you.

Bill

Academy here in Houston just got some of their house-label ammo in stock...the 223 FMJ in brass was like $7/50rnds, and ALL of it went in the two hours that I spent hanging out there this afternoon.

They had like 10 boxes of .40 S&W and I picked up 4 boxes @ $14.99 each, which is not terrible considering at the range it's $23 for 50rnds. Yikes.

Originally Posted By: bruce381
when they come for you guns give them the "ammo" fisrt LOL
bruce

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Steve S
It is good to stock up so the government has more ammo to confiscate when the time comes.

I'm sure they'll knock on (break down) Loose Lips' door first.
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back