Empty ammo shelves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, Academy and Walmarts are all out. No pistol calibers at Walmart. I decided to buy a few extra boxes of buckshot a few weeks ago from Academy and now I am glad, they are out of ALL buckshot now, and have been for 2 weeks.

I havent checked the local gun stores in my area recently, but I wouldent be supprised to see slim pickings there too.

Just my guess, but everyone seems to be REALLY stocking up and even expanding their stock pile due to the recent change in command from Republican to Democrat. That and desperate times lead to desperate measures and everyone curious as to when all this economic strife will turn around or society falls off a cliff.

I buy online so I haven't paid attention to the shelves at the local gun stores. They are a rip-off so I wouldn't be surprised if they had full shelves.

I have not checked in a while. I have over a 1,000 rounds in my house in different calibers, so come on in.
grin2.gif

Actually I am very glad you did this post because the last time I was in Wal-Mart to get some ammo (yesterday, actually) there seemed to be a lot fewer boxes of ammo. I was able to get .40 caliber target ammo for my Glock so I really did not pay much attention. But there were definitely fewer boxes of ammo.

My local WalMart has a sign posted blaming the shortage on the manufacturers. If this is true, I was wondering if the ammo manufacturers are gearing everything towards fulfilling government contracts. I don't know though.

Please, please, please don't let the "cook" in on this one. He'll call it evidence of an impending coup, lol.

The ammo down here is gone within minutes of hitting the shelves. I've been talking to stockers at several wal-marts and they say they're getting as much as ever, but it goes fast. One guy said he sold completely out of .45ACP, 9mm, .357, .40S&W and .380 in thirty minutes. Every time I see a box of winchester .45ACP white box I buy it. Since christmas, it's always been the last box they have no matter where I was shopping. You know it's bad when you go to the gun show and those guys who always have tables stacked high with ammo are sold out and closing up shop by noon. It's getting to the point that even the high dollar +P and personal defense loads are drying up. Rifle cartridges are easy to come by and I haven't noticed a problem finding shotgun shells but the pistol stuff is almost all gone. I'm starting to see more .40 and .32 around, but every store almost without exception is still constantly out of the rest.

This is my first recession as an adult, so I'm learning alot. Apparently, it's important to make sure you have a full clip when money's tight.

Ammo is still pretty good here, but the price is through the roof.
Reloading components are becoming scarce here though and the prices on-line are getting silly, luckily I overstocked on brass, bullets, powder and primers last spring, so much so that I may sell some of my excess brass, bullets and primers.

There has been almost no .22LR available in brick form.

Surprisingly, I was in Walmart the other night and they had about 300 of the 100rd 9mm Value packs.

Wal-Mart has not had ANY ammo for months. (Along with Sportsmans and a few other stores I shop at)
frown.gif

Last Friday I was at Wal-Mart and I notice a case of Federal 22LR boxes (550 round). I asked the clerk is that what I think and he said yes.

He did not have to unpack the case.
grin2.gif

On my way out I had two guys offer to buy a box or 3 at a increased price.

I sold both of them 2 boxes for what I paid. (Yes, I made sure they were over 18 years old for rifle and 21 for pistol).
thumbsup2.gif

Could have made some $$ since both offered twice what I paid.

The one guy had his wife go in and buy me a case of Dr pepper for being nice.
cheers3.gif

I'll end up going shooting with him this spring.

It was a good day @ Wal-Mart. Got some ammo and made a few friends.

Take care, Bill

Wal-Marts locally in my area are saying late March for their stock replentishing dates, same for Academy stores. Hard to find good .40 S&W range ammo right now, at least I can still get JHP rounds for "home protection".

Originally Posted By: digitalSniperX1
Please, please, please don't let the "cook" in on this one. He'll call it evidence of an impending coup, lol.

Hi! Everything is just fine in the USA. Nothing to see here. Look away.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: wulimaster
How is the situation where you live?

Always seems low on ammo here.

Ammo is pretty plentiful here in California BUT the price is outraegous!!!!

Durango

Seems people are stashing ammo, the way us BITOG'ers are stashing oil. The way I see it ammo prices are heading up very fast.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Seems people are stashing ammo, the way us BITOG'ers are stashing oil. The way I see it ammo prices are heading up very fast.

I buy it whenever I can find it, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back