LIQUI MOLY 10W-40 MoS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We make the Dacia Logan and Dacia Sandero. The plant was bought by Renault some years ago.

http://www.dacia.ro/

Starting from 6890 euro. That's 10,845.44 USD even with the weak exchange rate hurting imports. You should be exporting your [censored] off to this rate.

I'd like to see a YankMobile in the same price range with remotely the same options, trimmings, fuel efficiency, specific power, torque curve, reliability and EuroNCAP rating.

Pardon me if I don't hold my breath.

I don't know where in God's name you got the Russians you dumped in the equation. I do believe there was talk of opening a plant in Russia for that market but I've no clue what became of it.

You see, I don't have cable or meat in my diet.

Cheers.

[edit]

What I really meant was PSA's 5.5 litre V12 HDi 700 PS, 1200 Nm TwinTurbo engine compared to the 8.4 litre Viper SRT V10 putting out 600 bhp.

Also, european aspirated and turbo engines in the 1.0 to 3 litre range are by and large better than analogous American engines in everything from reliability, fuel efficiency, specific power, torque curve. For example:

http://www.peugeot.com/en/environment/technologies/engine-types.aspx

Americans groan and moan about less than 4 dollar/gallon gas when I pay 7.36 dollars a gallon of Euro 4 diesel and 100 bucks for top tier synthetic and you make so much more than me for the same or less work even though it's mostly yours and the Brits' fault with the Iraq war that I have to cough up blood at the pump.

I trust you can see how that could reasonably cause just a wee bit resentment.

Last edited:
I would have bought a diesel Logan MCV if they had been available in the US and I still wanted one after a test drive. I finally saw some in Turkey last April. They are a nice package.

All this begs the question why you didn't get the answers you wanted from some Euro, wait, make that Eastern Euro forum?

By the way, trashing the "Yankmobile," you don't hurt me. I'm not a Yank.
LOL.gif

Dacia made vehicles based on Renault designs under license for decades. Renault bought Dacia about a decade ago. So it's even more a Renault brand than before. It's a French car made in Romania. I suspect the Dacia is or will sell well in Eastern Europe and especially in the former SU. I am sure a Dacia is head and shoulders above any $10,000 car the US produce. Not that I see why it would matter. Who wants a $10,000 car?

I naturally assumed you're californian.

For the same reason I didn't get them here. No one knew or cared to answer.

The difference being the banner on this one says "bobistheoilguy, The Internet's Number One Motor Oil Website." Not "The Internet's Number One American Brand Motor Oil Website."

Who wants a $10,000 car? Who's going to buy one, naturally. I shan't presume everyone who has already still wants theirs.

Last edited:
I'm naturally a Bavarian.

Reading your tirade, I don't even remember your question. I only remember a guy who was on the attack in a belittling manner. You may want to work on your people skills if you are hoping to get answers dropped into your lap -- no matter if a forum is frequented mostly by Murricans, Cloud People, or Massai.

That's what i like here.
Amaricans are so polite and nice people. You wouldn't believe what insultes i read every day in the greek forums.
It is so refreshing here.
SonyAD watch and learn.

Regarding the lingering question, the usefulness of MOS2 as an additve in engine oil has been discussed to death on these forums. The search function (Can we really call it that? All one tends to find is random frustration) should, but might might not be helpful.

Right, many oppinions... but some of them not too good about Moly. That's why I started this topic.

Some oppinions were stating that the Sulphur would 'melt' the copper parts in engine or gearbox. So this is a chemical reaction, sounds reasonable to me... but still seeking for an expert experience.
What is sure this oil does not have a MB/BMW/VW approval. If it had I deffinitely wouldn't have started this topic.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SonyAD
We make the Dacia Logan and Dacia Sandero. The plant was bought by Renault some years ago.

http://www.dacia.ro/

Starting from 6890 euro. That's 10,845.44 USD even with the weak exchange rate hurting imports. You should be exporting your [censored] off to this rate.

I'd like to see a YankMobile in the same price range with remotely the same options, trimmings, fuel efficiency, specific power, torque curve, reliability and EuroNCAP rating.

Pardon me if I don't hold my breath.

Isn't the Dacia Sandero the car that they make fun of on every episode of Top Gear?

Hi everyone,
on the same matter, I wanted to know if someone had the chance to further investigate the qualities of this oil.
my car was serviced a few days ago and the the oil was replaced to this one.
the car is a '03 nissan primera 2.0L (european model).
manufacturer specs require a semi-synthetic 10w-40 SJ, but this oil is "part synthetic". also, it's an SJ which is quite an old spec. is this oil suitable for my car? according to the service plan, next oil change is due in 1yr/9400 miles.

i plan on using the lubro/liqui moly 0w40 synthoil in my sr20ve (primera motor). it's full synthetic, i'll be posting a VOA soon from blackstone. as soon as my kit arrives (next couple days).

Hi buickmaster,
I have heard good things about the full synthetic you are planing to use from a friend with a citroen C5 (and lord knows this is one sensitive car...)
My primera is a P12 with an SR20DE motor, do you think the greyish 10W-40 MoS2 is appropriate?

I am good friends with the local Liqui Moly brand manager and she runs Top Tec 4200 with Cera tech in it, in her 2007 Gti and she hammers that car and it really runs very smooth and uses minimal oil..I will ask her to do a UOA and post it here.

Nothing wrong. Just not certainly any "moly" in it, like Raybestos does not contain asbestos... It's a good brand oil.

Originally Posted By: lars11
Nothing wrong. Just not certainly any "moly" in it, like Raybestos does not contain asbestos... It's a good brand oil.

Liqui Moly is the company name. Lubro Moly is the product name. Neither name means that the product contains moly. If a Liqui Moly product's Lubro Moly name contains any claim of having MoS2 in it, then it does contain moly. False advertising is not tolerated in the EU.

You can get Liqui Moly in 3 different flavors at Napa Auto parts in the US. If you dont see it on the shelf, their warehouse should have it for the next day or they can get it.

Im running 10w40 mos2 in my 97 M3 street/track car. I will post a UOA when Im done in about 6000 more miles.

I must say, the engine response and eagerness to rev was noticeable. However, that could have been a result of changing out 6500mi old (+300 track miles) M1 15w50.

Runs quieter too.

Best part is the 4L bottles have really cool spouts.

Ill also post pics of the oil filter (bmws are exposed elements) to see if any Mos2 is trapped in the particulate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back