Favorite cheap beers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't know why anybody would drink cheap swill. Cheap beer tastes pretty much nasty across the board. If I want to get drunk for little money, for example after unexpectedly being presented with "2 girls and a cup," then I simply reach for a bottle of rum.

mori, I didn't know that you liked fighting.

That's what rum does to men downunder, turns them into fighting machines (not very efficient or effective)

I like the taste of some cheap beers. I don't look at the price tag when I wonder about taste. I have had some really expensive beers that tasted really bad. Some of that microbrew stuff is REALLY love it or hate it. I don't like beer that tastes like it has a block of iron at the bottom of the bottle.

The only cheap beer I will not touch is Colt 45. Never again. After college, I won't touch Busch again.

I'll pass on the rum, for me it is Jim Beam or Wild Turkey. Kentucky Bourbon is the way to go!

Last edited:
Most all cheap beers have some really "off" taste. Miller has this sort of nori/sea weed flavor in the background, Bud runs towards urine/strange light amine/acetyl, etc. I will admit in my "assignment" days in the 1980's I would drink and enjoy Stroh's, but that beer is not the same anymore.

I just buy so little amount of beer, when I do buy a sixer, a few extra bucks for something local and good is worth it. Some so called "micro" beers I don't like. I've never been much of a fan of Pete's and even some of the Pyramid beers can be off.

Rum makes me happy; every other liquor makes me angry.

Try some Sailor Jerry Rum. I'm telling you, add a shot of that to some hot spiced cider on a cold winters night and you'll be feeling toasty warm and good.

I'll drink whatever you're buyin' ....
thumbsup2.gif
11.gif

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
beer3.gif

Originally Posted By: Julian
Originally Posted By: moribundman
I'm a happy drunk.
Clown will eat you.
55.gif

Dunno which is worse, just thinking of the 2 girls and a cup video (I've never seen it) or actually viewing Julian's clown image link. Either way, I've lost my appetite for dinner.

Blech. (much like most cheap beer.)

Silly rabbit, don't you recognize that old photo from your 16th birthday party? His first Hefeweizen folks (awww).
10.gif
28.gif
banana2.gif
37.gif
29.gif

Life is too short to drink cheap beer. Cheap beer for me is when I get a 12 pack for $11.99, usually Firestone Walker Double Barrel Ale. I can usually find Red Nectar for the same price, same brewery, different brand. both are local to me.

I drink more expensive stuff, and a lot of it just isn't that great. Some Sam Adams beers are okay, but some of that expensive stuff is not so good. I have had Flying Dog beer before and didn't like it too much. I just drank some Barbary Coast "Gold Rush Style" beer and it was okay, but no more satisfying than a lot of cheaper stuff.

One good pricey beer I had the other night was Dos Equis brown bottle. It was around $7 for a six pack. Worth drinking every now and then, but not all the time.

Someone mentioned Milwaukee's Best Light. I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I read that. I haven't touched the stuff since my college days when we did a Keg Race with 15 other fraternities. That day we went to buy the keg, and the only keg left in the entire town was 2 of "The Beast"...and they weren't even cold!! Worst. Beer. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back