ZF 8 Speed Fluid Poll

Which fluid should I go with?

• Total voters
I selected Lifeguard 8 because I remember reading that it is the same as Mopar brand. It's readily available in "kits" through Amazon.
Plus, it's gotta be cheaper than boutique oils.

I plan to use LG8 because I’m not going to flush … just clean the pan/magnets and fill back up with whatever comes out from that job …

ZF is German and so is LiquiMoly, one would infer that this company may have better access to ZF specs.
Hm. I’m sure the top tec 1800 is very similar to other atfs. I’ve seen a lot of good success on the Ram forums. But I like how the Liquimoly is clear color

ZF is German and so is LiquiMoly, one would infer that this company may have better access to ZF specs.

I don't think that's easier for a German company as it's to anyone else. Simply spoken,
just obtain a sample of ZF LifeguardFluid 8 a have a comprehensive lab analysis done.

Don't miss to have Ravenol ATF 8HP Fluid in contemplation:

I don't think that's easier for a German company as it's to anyone else. Simply spoken,
just obtain a sample of ZF LifeguardFluid 8 a have a comprehensive lab analysis done.

Don't miss to have Ravenol ATF 8HP Fluid in contemplation:

I will not be considering this. It’s the same price as LG8

LG8 included in a kit from FCP for BMW F-series applications is just over $200USD. For something done every 100k km (as strongly recommended by ZF regardless of what the vehicle manufacturer says) and all the parts are OE, that's good enough for me. No wondering about mixing fluids. No wondering if the friction modifiers are just right. No worrying about the 50% original fluid remaining in the unit.

I haven't seen much info out there where there are claims that ZF8 isn't up to the task. There are also plenty of units being treated as "lifetime fill" that go hundreds of thousands on it...

EDIT: My apologies costs have gone up since COVID. At FCP for my F10 it's $189 for a LM kit and $309 for an all-ZF kit. (pan/filter, 7 qt fluid and bolts) Personally I'm OK with an additional $120 every 100k especially with no evidence that LM is "better". I don't believe I found an LG8 price as good as FCPs but I stopped looking years ago.

LG8 included in a kit from FCP for BMW F-series applications is just over $200USD. For something done every 100k km (as strongly recommended by ZF regardless of what the vehicle manufacturer says) and all the parts are OE, that's good enough for me. No wondering about mixing fluids. No wondering if the friction modifiers are just right. No worrying about the 50% original fluid remaining in the unit.

I haven't seen much info out there where there are claims that ZF8 isn't up to the task. There are also plenty of units being treated as "lifetime fill" that go hundreds of thousands on it...

EDIT: My apologies costs have gone up since COVID. At FCP for my F10 it's $189 for a LM kit and $309 for an all-ZF kit. (pan/filter, 7 qt fluid and bolts) Personally I'm OK with an additional $120 every 100k especially with no evidence that LM is "better". I don't believe I found an LG8 price as good as FCPs but I stopped looking years ago.
Especially with lifetime guarantee by FCP Euro.

Hm. I’m sure the top tec 1800 is very similar to other atfs. I’ve seen a lot of good success on the Ram forums. But I like how the Liquimoly is clear color
that clear color is the seller, these stupid red dyes i cant accurately see how degraded the fluid is.

that clear color is the seller, these stupid red dyes i cant accurately see how degraded the fluid is.
It’s meant to clarify source of leaks … I’d rather have it but not at the expense of dealer knowing I did not use a fluid that was mediocre and over priced like ZF …
I have seen plenty ATF that was red but now brown or black …

LOL brown and black colors? Now i really cant tell how degraded it is!
We had a 2013 Cruze … after 40k you thought you pulled the wrong drain plug …
Our big GM’s never look like that … just a little tinted - but that car killed ATF … 😷

Back