ZF 8 Multi Vehicle ATF Experiences

+1 on the filter

There have been issues on BMW forums from filters that don't fit quite right. Definitely get an OEM filter/pan assembly.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the Lifeguard fluid or the MaxLife. Some have even used the Liqui-Moly fluid with good results, but it doesn't seem as popular as the other two.
Sounds like a good plan. I’ll get the filter/pan/screws/drain plug/fill plug from FCP Euro. However, I’m doing the differentials and brake fluid first.

Sounds like a good plan. I’ll get the filter/pan/screws/drain plug/fill plug from FCP Euro. However, I’m doing the differentials and brake fluid first.
That's where my buddy got the parts for his F30 335i and everything fit perfect. I helped him do the trans fluid change, car is running well. We also did the transfer case which I highly recommend, at 60k miles it was pretty dark.

That's where my buddy got the parts for his F30 335i and everything fit perfect. I helped him do the trans fluid change, car is running well. We also did the transfer case which I highly recommend, at 60k miles it was pretty dark.
Ok, what fluid did your buddy use for trans? I think I’ll do transfer case when I do trans.

It also seems like Maxlife does not have as much Calcium as LG8
Does that concern you? LG8 might have more calcium for a reason.......Those are the thoughts that enter my mind when using a one size fits all in a unit as expensive as a ZF8.

the 8HP is as cheap as it gets
I guess you'll have to define cheap. From what I've read and heard the ZF8 is not cheap, at least imo, especially here in NY. IIRC there aren't many people who can do a good job rebuilding one either. ;)

Back