zero turn hydro issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a hustler mini z used. I noticed when cutting the first time today that the hydros kind of shutter or vibrate at take off.. Only right at initial take off.. Full of fluid and it looks good but to me it smells like hydraulic fluid more so than the 10w40 motor oil that it calls for... This issue does not bog the engine and the blades turn at normal rpm at all times. The idler pully under the engine that runs the hydros did look like it was jumping around a lot also. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Without much information to go on, my guess would be either the pump or wheel motors. If it looks like it has hydraulic fluid in it, I'd drain and refill with the correct fluid first. If that doesn't help then it's time to dig in and figure out what's not working correctly.

Are they integrated hydros or separate pump and wheel motor drives?

If they're integrated, motor oil is what they need, and typically heavy stuff like 40 or 50w variants.

This could be belt slippage and the action you feel is from the belt chatter.

Next time you use it and you feel that shudder feeling look where you took off I bet you are spinning the wheels a little bit.
My Husqvarna zero turn did same thing, it is a strange feeling almost like something loose on mower drives.
After I saw I was spinning wheels I took off both forward and backward a little easer. I still do it once in a while, when I feel it I look and sure enough I spun one of the wheels. (Most times it is just one wheel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back