Zama C1U flooding during prime.

Got a OEM zama carb on an echo piece and it runs perfect. I do not want to replace it. Its only issue is when pressing the purge bulb, it floods the carb thoat. Any idea what section of the carb is doing this? I changed the diaphram with no improment. Old one was not hard, but it was wrinkled.

This is a zama c1u weed whacker carb.

Its $12 for a china one, $68 for an echo.

I want to learn the defect inside the carburetor that causes this flooding. I see this happen quite a lot and dont know what part inside the carburetor is causeing this. Ive also seen this on the walbros as well.

My previous post was completely wrong. Check needle and seat area for condition and/or trash or buildup. Make sure spring is in postion and that lever where needle is attached is adjusted correctly. Also diaphragm not deteriorated or stiff.

UPDATE:

So for a shotgun approach of really not knowing what the problem was I salvaged another needle from another spare carburetor and installed that used needle, and also another new diapgram even though the other new one was not bad, I then just sprayed it out one more time with carb cleaner and now it seems good to go. I will never really know what the problem was. But it works now,.

Back