You're gonna love this! 2016 F-150 2.7 Ecoboost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes on the orings; I had a little tool to help with the smaller one. I planned on using my impact driver but couldn't find my attachment for the socket. Would have made it much easier.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Removing that plastic air deflector skid plate under my Explorer was far better than the dinner table they put under the Fusion Hybrid …

I got lucky, our 2017 2.3 EB Explorer does not have a shield under the engine or transmission. Changing the oil, the canister oil filter and draining the transmission fluid is incredibly easy on this Explorer
grin.gif

Whimsey

Yep … that 2015 3.5L AWD is just another animal … I’d have kept your version …
crawled under the Tahoe for the first time today … everything had service space around it and these things called, uh, cross members IIRC protecting rotating equipment … and a 265 70R17 spare!

The 2.7 EcoBoost in the F-150, Edge Sport/ST, and Fusion Sport are essentially the same. The Edge and Fusion share 99.9% the same tune (only a few settings differ). The F-150 has different turbos/packaging, adds an engine oil cooler, but otherwise has similar turbo compression maps. These all run about the same amount of boost. We're talking roughly 12-14 psi at WOT, not unlike the 3.5 EcoBoost in the Explorer Sport, SHO, and F-series (non-HO, pre-17). Even when tuned, the 2.7 EcoBoost runs over 20 psi and still doesn't consume this much oil or dump that much fuel into the oil. The boost (within reason) doesn't really have anything to do with this unless there is a mechanical problem with the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back