Your "Go-To" Wiper Blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy the "Dupont" ones from home depot. Can be found on special for a couple dollars a hit. Last about 6 months or so, which is about the same I get out of expensive beam blades before they start chattering if not shorter. At times Ive only gotten a couple months out of the beam blades.

Last edited:
Love the cheap ones from Menards... replace em often.

Got some closeout blade-type from Rockauto that are fine, too.

Worst was the "hybrid" ones at Costco.

Originally Posted by lancerplayer
I am in need of new wiper blades for the wife's Rav4. What are your "go-to" wiper blades these days? I'm looking for something that performs well in all weather condition Cleveland, OH sees.

I have the typical auto parts stores nearby: Autozone, Advanced Auto, NAPA, O'reilly, WalMart

I believe you can still get the wiper inserts from the Toyota dealer. I would strongly recommend just replacing that rubber insert and keep using the original wiper frame.

We also have a RAV4, BTW.

Just bought a set of Rain-X Weatherbeater 17 inch at Rural King for $6.49 each. The old Weathebeater that was on my pickup had been on for almost two years, and yes they had some light rust on them. The driver side just started streaking the other day, so it was time for a new set.

Rural King has their store brand for $2.99 each made in China. Can't remember the name exactly. I think it started with Crystal, or something like that.

Anco Profile... typically $7.99 each from Mills' Fleet Farm on sale every 6-8 weeks ($9.99 regular price), but the install with their Kwik Connect is so simple.

I couldn't stand changing brands of wipers every 4-6 months and have difficulty removing them due to all brands having different connection methods.

I always liked Bosch when I could find them at a decent price. Motorcraft wipers will always good to me. I've used Ancos the last number of years. The Audi didn't like beam blades; the G37 is fine with them.

I haven't put much though into blades, but I just bought Trico (cheap style) blades at AAP and they last a little over a year. For my truck and 2010 Mustang I get OEM because they have a weird mount.

Originally Posted by IveBeenRued
Bosch ICON blades are my go-to blades. They seem to be the only blades that seem to work well even after 4+ years of service.

^^^
Going on 6 years for the Icons on a garaged car. They only lasted 4 years on my outside car.

Originally Posted by carloz
PIAA silicone wiper blades. They work well and no streaking.

+1, the only thing I would say is that it's imperative that you keep your windshield properly cleaned and free of embeded debris with a good yearly clay barring, degreasing and proper glass cleaning to extend the life of the PIAA blades. I put a set on the Journey in the first 6 months of ownership and they were almost 4 years old when I was in the accident and were still operating perfectly and our winters here can be really hard on wiper blades. I also would clean them with some rubbing alcohol yearly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back