Your Favorite Non - OEM Air Filter ?

Lately I've used premium guard from amazon and before that i used wix from a brick and mortar shop

I have an STP red filter in my daily driver and it’s doing very well. I have an ac delco replacement waiting cuz I got it on sale, but I would def use the STP red again.

06BBE10E-1AC0-4B2D-AB2B-98A1ECA20DA5.jpeg

I have an STP red filter in my daily driver and it’s doing very well. I have an ac delco replacement waiting cuz I got it on sale, but I would def use the STP red again.
Just switched over to the STP premium. Haven’t had it in long enough to have a complete opinion on it yet but I was very impressed with its build quality at least compared to the fram ultra it was replacing. I don’t see any reason why it won’t become my go to from now on for both my vehicles.

I really don't have a favorite. I use whatever "name-brand" that's available. I was mildly shocked that Autozone had an STP for the Lexus on the shelf.

I usually stick with OE, but have explored around a little bit. On my Subaru I've tried Beck/Arnley, Denso, and FRAM. The B/A fit is perfect. The FRAM's filter length was too long and caused it to bulge up in the airbox. The Denso was slightly loose. I made a video of the Denso here a few years ago. It's fun to explore the aftermarket space, but at the end of the day OE tends to be the best.

Last edited:
ACDelco for both my cars, Wix is 2nd choice. I have no idea whether the AC filters are better than Wix but they are always well built, fit well, perform well according to this old study, and $$$ less than Wix.

I would use OEM for the Odyssey but the local Honda dealer is not my friend.
Recent AC-Delco air filters I've purchased are Made in China and look like just a label slapped on a generic China white box product. GM seems to have gone all-in on Chinese production, especially since China gave them a bunch of recovery money during the 2008-2010 economic troubles.

Back