Your Christmas Plans

I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend at home. We're relatively busy at work, for December that is. Weather has been mild so construction is still going full speed ahead (as much as it can this time of year). We already have some people on winter layoff and most of the deadwood is already on holiday mode and are off also or are just killing time in the office. So I am super busy in the office. Clients call in with late calls and I can't get their jobs covered because no one wants to work. The irony being, the guys still working are working because their seniority lets them work through the winter, but they don't want to do anything other than the bare minimum and they're done for the day at 1PM.

Usually Christmas Eve we go out to dinner with my wife's family about 12 of us. We used to host it at my house my wife and I cooking a traditional Italian fish festival but tons of work no help..Now out to a Italian restaurant I pick up the bill no hassle no cooking no clean up best decision I ever made. Christmas Day my brother and his family come over serving a nice cold antipasto,then a lasagna later that night s spiral cut ham with some trimmings.

Wife is headed to Mexico tomorrow to visit family for Christmas. She'll be gone two weeks. I'll be home watching our dogs and tending to the home front. No plans for Christmas. Probably just visit my mother's grave, call my dad back east, and watch TV.
Go visit dad it's never too late to book a flight and surprise him

I wish we were that way. I'm having a terrible time finding something for my wife. Clothes are out as the last two occasions she's complained that I buy her stuff that looks like what I bought for my mom.
Get her gift certificates for a couple stores. Ulta, the clothing places she likes (check the tags man), etc

Back