you won't believe what synergyn said!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i called synergyn yesterday and i could not believe what this tech support guy said!!!" i didn't know there was a sm rated oils" this was an older man.. the reason i called was to ask if synergyn changed their formulation...he said" no"

Does anyone on this board use there products. They have a super heavy duty oil that lists benefits, but no specs, in weights of ISO 32, 46, 68, 100. Then they have a magnum oil with viscosity litsings of 30, 15w-40 and 15w-50, application guide and specs but no benefits. Are we supposed to compare these two oil, or pick by which name we like best?

i picked up a bunch of their stuff on clearance, so far the 120 octane boost labeled/UCL my car really seems to like.

same here, but if a company doesn't know whats going on in their industry then how do we know about the products? they don't keep updated to new and better chemistries? at lease thats the way i feel..i like their products and i buy them couple miles from my house..it was prob the person that answered the phone but he does represent the company..heck who knows?...needless to say i was very shocked

well..I'm a nurse..and I had a patient's mom ask me what the staph infection rate was for the hospital. suffice it to say I didn't know. I should be burned at the stake.
smile.gif

That's right! Acute staphylococus infections are trivial. This is he-man motor oil stuff we're talkin' here and the fate of the known universe hangs in the balance. (By the way, who or what the Sam Hill is Synergyn?)

I have used Synergyn 5W30 and 3W30 in my wifes Mazda. Excellent oil. Actually the 3W30 is better suited for extended drains. The UOA's of both oils are in the auto UOA forum. I now use another brand oil in her Mazda. I just hate to see anything bad written when they are a top notch Specialty Oil Company and heavy into racing and produce some excellent street oils.

Synergyn Oil

UOA

VOA

smile.gif

[ July 21, 2006, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: Bio-T ]

The donut, the star burst, and other ratings for passenger car motor oil are irrelevant to the type of oil they produce. They produce excellent racing oil. How is this related to SM rating?

Please call back and ask for Rowland. Since I am an Customer Service Engineer the advice I ask is please seek the source. I have personally dealt with Mr johnson and "he is the coldest beer in the fridge".
cheers.gif

ok thanks you all..i use synergyn and was shocked needless to say and some of those people in tech support ,in any company ,are questionable that is why i call several times or find a supervisor or a blender.. all of synergyn products are a high quality product i just wish the tech support had some class....i am not sure who i talked too..i will talk with rowland next time.

The customer service guy I talked with was the salesman who could read back the sales literature. He had little technical knowledge. He had never heard of ACEA or MMT or PEA or PAO. They do blend their oils on site themselves. I'll try again and ask for Rowland Johnson.

I'll also suggest they become a sponsor. I believe they make good stuff. Their PCMO is rated SG because of the high ZDDP (1400 - 1600 ppm).

quote:

Originally posted by Bio-T:

Synergyn Oil

smile.gif

Now, Bio-T, here is a link to a non-sponsor, which we were recently reminded strongly not to do.

I know you are THE MAN, and the rules are yours. My belief is that I think the newly emphasized regulation goes too far.

I understand not posting links to entities that compete with the sponsors, and I have not responded when posters have asked where to get Schaeffer Oil because the source I had to offer is no longer a sponsor. That's fair.

I don't understand the objection to posting a link to a firm for which there is no sponsor . Recently, a link to a Redline source was removed.

Unless the rationale is " all oil is the same. Get your oil from a sponsor; no other oil needs consideration, " it's too much -- and the entire Board exists to discuss oils. Indeed much is made at the welcome screen that this site is not dedicated to selling a product, but offers a free exchange of oil information.

Make any sense ? Should you reconsider ?

dkcase,

Check that Synergyn link again. You will find it is a link to tech data, not prices.

Links are allowed to ANY site with these small exceptions:

1. No links to individual Oil Sales pages, such as an Amsoil Dealer, except our 3 Amsoil Sponsors.
2. No links to Red Line Sales pages or sales companies.
3. No links to ANY SALES page for non-Sponsors.

Schaeffers is a Corporate Sponsor and if you link to their main page, it will give you the name and phone number and address of the closest salesperson. It is a selection on the left side.

I personally link to every Oil company that is talked about if I can find their site. I agree, I hate having to do a Google search, just put the darn link. The only exceptions are listed above. By the way I do use Red Line 5W20 in my wifes Mazda. But by the rules, I don't link to the Sales page where I bought it, but I do link to the Red Line Company Data on the MSDS and Tech Data.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Cutehumor:
well..I'm a nurse..and I had a patient's mom ask me what the staph infection rate was for the hospital. suffice it to say I didn't know. I should be burned at the stake.
smile.gif

Had he of asked the head of the Infection Control Committee, he wouldn't of gotten an answer there either, that is one of the closely guarded secrets of the hospital community. As a nurse you are not expected to have that info, unless you are on the committee, but then you would be limited in your freedom to disseminate that info. But the tech support guy should have had that answer readly available.

quote:

Originally posted by reyjay1:
i picked up a bunch of their stuff on clearance, so far the 120 octane boost labeled/UCL my car really seems to like.

Octane boost don't make gas more powerful

so you are just out the bucks .

I just said that is what it is labled, it has many beneficial properties aside from the octane boost. It is not just your normal alcohol based product. Coming from synergyn I trust it to have higher quality ingrediants than a botlle of Berrryman's or even Techron. It is seems to act more like a cross between FP60 and Lucas UCL from another company, I personally think the label was 100% marketing gimick. But for the price i picked it up for it was well worth the $1.50 a bottle I paid for it, this was on deep clearance. When it was over $7.00 a bottle I wouldn't touch it. In my car I can tell the difference between 87 octane gas and 92 octane, both in mpg and responsiveness. a half bottle of this in 87 octane tank the responsiveness is just like 92 octane gas, with the benefit of being an UCL and having cleaning properties as well. Better than any injector cleaner I have used yet, aside maybe from FP60.

PS> BN, you are not dealing with your ordinary, uneducated participants on this board, save the snide remarks for the unwashed masses inhabiting most any other car forum on the net. Most here buy products for the ingredients that are in them, not what the labels say.

[ July 22, 2006, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: reyjay1 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back