euro oils and ford specs

are the euro 5w40 oils ok to run in ford trucks? i have ford ranger 2.3 turbo ecoboost.

do those oils really meet ford specs? the bottle doesnt specify, or i just dont understand it. if i used a name brand 5w40 euro oil does that void a warranty? sorry if this has been asked before, im not able to find anything specific on it.

that said, i did call my local ford dealership and asked that same question. i was informed that i could use it & that the 5w30 listed in the owners manual is the minimum needed. he said 5w40 exceeded what was required. im asking because im finding conflicting information on google searches.

in my area 5w30 in any brand is scarce. plenty of the euro stuff.

Ford doesn't spec 5w40 in Europe and I'm not familiar with the ecoboost engine.

What does Ford recommend in the warranty booklet?

Of course, go ahead and run whatever SP rated euro oil you want, warranty concerns are nonsense. They aren't going to do a uoa on it. They'll just check the level and check to see if it looks like it had oil changes by taking the vc off and taking pics to send to corporate.

The way I read it, it’s 5w30 API SP and some long Ford number that I can’t tell if it is actually a spec or not, but you will find it on oil jugs. I too would rather use a good Euro oil but I’m not sure yet how far I want to get off the reservation with a tuned EcoBoost.

0w40 or 5w40 won't hurt a thing (except possibly a minimal hit in mpg...and that's even a 'maybe') I'd probably go with QS 5w40 Euro which is close to the 30 weight limit, has awesome approvals like Porshe, VW etc..,and is $22.98 @ Walmart for the 5 qt.jug. 0w40 Mobil1 is another good choice.

0w40 or 5w40 won't hurt a thing (except possibly a minimal hit in mpg...and that's even a 'maybe') I'd probably go with QS 5w40 Euro which is close to the 30 weight limit, has awesome approvals like Porshe, VW etc..,and is $22.98 @ Walmart for the 5 qt.jug. 0w40 Mobil1 is another good choice.
That's what I run in our Edge, but it's out of warranty.

are the euro 5w40 oils ok to run in ford trucks? i have ford ranger 2.3 turbo ecoboost.

do those oils really meet ford specs? the bottle doesnt specify, or i just dont understand it. if i used a name brand 5w40 euro oil does that void a warranty? sorry if this has been asked before, im not able to find anything specific on it.

that said, i did call my local ford dealership and asked that same question. i was informed that i could use it & that the 5w30 listed in the owners manual is the minimum needed. he said 5w40 exceeded what was required. im asking because im finding conflicting information on google searches.

in my area 5w30 in any brand is scarce. plenty of the euro stuff.

For warranty purposes you can just use very easy to find...

AutoZone does free overnight shipping. Walmart does free 2 day shipping

Screenshot_20230602_113248_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230602_113239_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back