WSS-M2C946-B1 vs Euro 5w40

Oh I just see you are from Canada.... so you must be an awesome guy lol I lived for 10 years in Barrie Ontario then we move back to God's country Quebec lol

Just because of that I will follow your post closely from now ... lol

I cant help you with anything else than what I show you here .... sorry
No worries. Looks like they will use GC if they suspect fuel:

I'm assuming they didn't with you, hence the
So in a few word am I making a good move by moving from PP5W30 to QS Euro 5w40 and FL500S ? if you do not want to start a war just PM me . The euro cost a lot more close to 45.00 more than PP for 5liters but if I can justify it i dont care
Thanks for your time !!
I don't think there's anything wrong with the plan, but I would suggest getting another oil analysis done and be sure to request GC fuel if you are going to use Wearcheck again.

On the filter, you do have some options for full synthetic filters. If you can find some older FRAM Ultra's at Canadian Tire/Partsource, they have the wire backing, which will be visible through the centre tube. There are the AMSOIL EaO filters, which is what I'm running at present, since the Ultra has been downgraded.

do you happen to know why QS euro 5w40 is not showing meeting

WSS-M2C946-B1 obsolete spec maybe ?​

Because either it cannot be met by the oil for some reason or the blender did not think it was relevant to their marketing for this product.

The main reason is that WSS-M2C956-B1 is a 5W-30 specification. There is no equivalent 5W-40 version of this Ford performance requirement (it comes in 5W-20, 5W-30, 0W-20 and 0W-30 variations). But as @kschachn also said, it's not what the oil was aimed at. You don't find every possible spec on any oil, they are targeted at something particular and can't meet all specs in a certain viscosity/HTHS/ash range.

Back