You can only store your bike with Amsoil oil in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vulcanforums is a nice community, but the nonsense that this one particular sponsor spews out occasionally is just hilarious.

I am so thankful we have objective guys like Pablo on BITOG and don't have to put up with this sort of malarkey.

It is safe to store on AMSOIL unlike Other oils.

Please note, this is not meant to bash Amsoil products in any way. I know they have a great portfolio. Some of their reps on the other hand...

Why are independent Amsoil dealer websites always so awful? Amsoil should give their dealers a pre-made storefront or something.

Wow...... the fact that Amsoil doesn't police their distributors says something negative about Amsoil. They make a decent product and I have used it, but that kind of B.S. associated with their product name has the potential to have them paying legal bills. That is a good way to make people who know about lubricants say negative things about Amsoil which does them no good.

Amazing the stuff you see out there on the internet........

Hmmm...I've never even used Amsoil in my cars or bikes. I must be doomed.
cry.gif

And now we proceed to Rotella bashing.

What are the specific additives in Amsoil MCL 10w-40 that make it superior in terms of "anti-rust and corrosion inhibitors", which by the way sounds redundant?

Once again, I can accept the fact that Amsoil MCL is a great oil, but this guy is taking it to a whole new level, making it sound like nothing else comes even close.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
And now we proceed to Rotella bashing.

What are the specific additives in Amsoil MCL 10w-40 that make it superior in terms of "anti-rust and corrosion inhibitors", which by the way sounds redundant?

Once again, I can accept the fact that Amsoil MCL is a great oil, but this guy is taking it to a whole new level, making it sound like nothing else comes even close.

Next page M1 and Motul gets their share of bashing also what a tool.

Last edited:
We store our bikes for 6 months out of the year in a deep freeze, Amsoil as well as many others have worked fine.

I would be more worried about fuel stabilizer and a battery tender.

There have been a couple UOA's posted here.... from bikes that sat in the garage for years. Most notably, one old Honda that sat for more than 15 years.

In all of these cases, the oil tested just fine.

Personally, I believe that the worry about leaving "used" oil in the crankcase over the winter months... is just that. Worry.

Originally Posted By: kballowe
There have been a couple UOA's posted here.... from bikes that sat in the garage for years. Most notably, one old Honda that sat for more than 15 years.

In all of these cases, the oil tested just fine.

Yup. The same Amsoil dealer will be the first to tell you that a UOA is worthless in determining such things. Yet, he'll happily bring up some obscure UOA stat to help support his own claims of one oil's superiority when convenient.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Why all the whining about the loser? Jump in and straighten him out.

Sounds like he is just clowning because not many call him on it. Looks like one guy did.

The one guy (
grin2.gif
) that did call him on it got a stern PM from one of the mods right after that and got instructed to "stop insulting him." Obviously that Amsoil dealer is a major sponsor there so any disagreements with what he says will not be tolerated. Money talks. It's understandable, I guess, but still a shame.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Maybe such a site is not worth your time.

Well, as I said in another thread, one should avoid their oil forum. It's still a good board for other Vulcan related stuff, just not oil.

It's funny though that some people over there call him Bob the oil guy.
lol.gif

The V-Rod community pretty much humps the leg of Amsoil there too. I won't disagree that it's probably a decent oil, but I seriously doubt it's that much more superior (if at all) to other comparable oils. The users say it's night and day difference to other oils, but few comment on what they were using before the switch. The exception being Syn3, which is pretty much the laughingstock of the H-D community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back