Yokohama Geolandar X-CV

Anyone familiar with these? They look like a fairly new Crossover/SUV touring tire from Yokohama. I was planning to get some RT43s for my AWD Sorento before winter. I've had them before and they actually were good in the snow. I'm retired in southern Pa. and don't usually 'have' to go anywhere, but sometimes you get caught in something unexpected. I was thinking of something different that might be a good choice and I saw the Tirerack ad in my latest MT issue. The Geolandar X-CV looks good tread wise but there are not much in the way of reviews on TR. Unsure whether to take a chance or stick with the RT43s since I've had a good experience with them and they are highly rated on TR and Consumer Reports. Any thoughts on these, or Yokohama touring tires in general with regards to snow?

Thanks

The Yok looks to be designed to be touring focussed vs balanced touring and snow.
I had to drive a Jeep Cherokee up a 10% sloped snowy, icy road on our lot. It did it so well, I had to get out and check the tires.
Yup, new RT43s. Call me impressed.

Thanks. Yeah, I was impressed too.
I was looking for something outside the box, but may end up with the Generals, which isn't a bad thing.

Back