Yokohama Geolandar G015

Can't expect an AT tire to be as quiet as a regular on-road tire like the CrossContact LX's. It's an apples to oranges comparison.
Most definitely.

After a few weeks now I can definitely say my Yokohamas are slightly more noisy than my previous Michelins.

I definitely wouldn’t say it’s a deal breaker, but certainly noticeable.

It is general complaint even among those who had A/T tires.
Also, APT is more H/T tire. In category of Terraincontact H/T or LTX M/S2.
No, Nokian has a H/T tire, it's called the One HT

The APT is a competitor to the nitto wildpeak AT trail category.

Last edited:
No, Nokian has a H/T tire, it's called the One HT

The APT is a competitor to the nitto wildpeak AT category.
It is bit smooth for that entry A/T category. But, apparently still loud, which means, considering it is Nokian, in 20k all neighborhood will know you are rolling down the street.

It is bit smooth for that entry A/T category. But, apparently still loud, which means, considering it is Nokian, in 20k all neighborhood will know you are rolling down the street.
Just wait until you put an CUV A/T tire on your Atlas. You'll also be annoying the entire city of Colorado Springs with your car

My continential AT's were total turds.. and I was a huge fan previously.

To the person mentioning yokos and subaru.. the OEM tires bare no resemblance to aftermarket models.

The oem g95a and g91f were both... terrible.

My continential AT's were total turds.. and I was a huge fan previously.

To the person mentioning yokos and subaru.. the OEM tires bare no resemblance to aftermarket models.

The oem g95a and g91f were both... terrible.
I remember you liked them at first. What happened as they aged (the continentals)?

I remember you liked them at first. What happened as they aged (the continentals)?
My particular set went down the road with an annoying wobbling feeling.
after 500 miles I returned them for a set of toyo open country AT III's

That probably correlates with how mine started to lose their tracking similar to a poor alignment, over time.

I was surprised with the Yokohama Geolandar Soft Terrains that came on my Forester. I think they had just as much tread when I got rid of the car at 48000 miles as they did when it was brand new.

Just a few plugs from the dump

I was surprised with the Yokohama Geolandar Soft Terrains that came on my Forester. I think they had just as much tread when I got rid of the car at 48000 miles as they did when it was brand new.

Just a few plugs from the dump
Not that you said they were but those werent G015's which only come on the wilderness package.
G95a or g91f maybe? I found both to be terrible wet traction esp.

The E rated ones will probably be the next ones going on the Ranger. I know they're going to be a lot heavier than what's on there now, but I'm after durability since I tow heavy with the truck.

Mine (Conti AT) have been that way since new. I dont think they were ever smooth. Cant wait to get rid of them in a few months. Really wanted to like them ,but ill never buy them again. Maybe the HT version

Back