Yogurt Torte

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks and tastes better in person than my photo suggests.
tounge2.gif

That's a relatively low-fat and not sweet torte. I use a shortbread base, but you can use a sponge cake bottom (soak with rum or cherry schnapps!) if you prefer. Prebake the crust in a spring form and let cool down.

The filling:

- 500 g berries (blueberris, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries -- whatever you like)
- 1000 g plain yogurt (2% fat) -- use real yogurt
- 100 g sugar (If you are used to sweet American cakes, you may want to use more sugar)
- 20 to 22 g powdered gelatin for a medium-thin yogurt (The thinner the yogurt, the more gelatin you will need. I can't help you there!)
- 150 ml fruit juice (apple juice works well)

Mix the yogurt with the sugar in a large bowl.

Put the fruit juice in small sauce pan or pot. Sprinkle the gelatin over it and heat the liquid. Do not boil the liquid.

Once the gelatin has melted, add the liquid to the yogurt and stir well for one minute. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl well while stirring.

Dump the yogurt filling into the spring form and refrigerate until the filling isn't anymore liquid. This takes probably at least 2-3 hours.

yogurt_torte_s0130.jpg

If you hate metric measurements, use this unit converter.

That would be blackberries. They do look a lot like fish eggs, eh? *shivers*

If you are squeamish, you may want to puree the berries and strain them to remove the skins and seeds. It'll make for a very colorful yogurt filling. I'm way too lazy to go through all that trouble.

lowfatyogurt.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back