Yes I am so stupid.

I got my first shot of Pfizer so far, arm was a bit sore after 12 hours. For 2 days though my back was really bothering me. It already bothers me but it seems like it amplified it. I get the second shot next week.

I had no problems with the first Pfizer shot.
With the second one I was a bit tired for two days but also got very depressed and felt sad for a day.

I had no problems with the first Pfizer shot.
With the second one I was a bit tired for two days but also got very depressed and felt sad for a day.
From the
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
VRBPAC Briefing Document, page 37

Systemic Events
Systemic events were generally increased in frequency and severity in the younger age group
(Figure 11) compared with the older age group (Figure 12), with frequencies and severity
increasing with number of doses (Dose 1 vs Dose 2). Vomiting and diarrhea were exceptions,
with vomiting reported similarly infrequently in both age groups and diarrhea reported at similar
incidences after each dose.
Systemic events in the younger group compared with the older group, with frequencies
increasing with number of doses (Dose 1 vs Dose 2), were:
• fatigue: younger group (47.4% vs 59.4%) compared to older group (34.1% vs 50.5%)
• headache: younger group (41.9% vs 51.7%) compared to older group (25.2% vs 39.0%)
• muscle pain: younger group (21.3% vs 37.3%) compared to older group (13.9% vs 28.7%)
• chills: younger group (14.0% vs 35.1%) compared to older group (6.3% vs 22.7%)
• joint pain: younger group (11.0% vs 21.9%) compared to older group (8.6% vs 18.9%)
• fever: younger group (3.7% vs 15.8%) compared to older group (1.4% vs 10.9%)
• vomiting: reported less frequently in the older group and was similar after either dose
• diarrhea: reported less frequently in the older group and was similar after each dose.

I’m surprised that so many have no problems getting this vaccine when it was only emergency approved by the FDA.
For BITOG crowd that is obsessed what goes into engines/transmissions/cooling systems etc. I would have thought people would be more cautious.
We are, but we read the FDA reports. If you follow it, many things were done in parallel and at risk instead of in series so that's why it was done in less time than a normal vaccine. Plus the federal government placed orders before approval so there was less risk on the vaccine makers. You still haven't heard from Novavax or AstraZeneca yet. A few like GlaxoSmithKline failed in their initial trials so it's not sunshine and roses. And AstraZenca is the poster child for how a vaccine trial could be badly run.

It's important when talking about things to refer to the data. The data is out there, you just have to look at it. I referenced the FDA reports earlier in the thread.

Three of my friends are doctors and all 3 have been vaccinated. I will hold off for a while.. This distribution of the vaccine is a blunder IMHO/ the old people can stay home and shop during off hours. the younger people need to go to work provide for thei families etc.

I’m surprised that so many have no problems getting this vaccine when it was only emergency approved by the FDA.
For BITOG crowd that is obsessed what goes into engines/transmissions/cooling systems etc. I would have thought people would be more cautious what goes into their bodies
At this point, everyone's just desperate for life to return to some level of pre-covid "normal".

For myself, I've always been weary and will question the solutions before following the rest of the Lemmings.
:unsure:

It's important when talking about things to refer to the data. The data is out there, you just have to look at it. I referenced the FDA reports earlier in the thread.

If the data was in fact there, the there would be no need for an emergency use approval and therefore the companies making these vaccines would be held liable for their product.
But they are not and it is not in US only. Worldwide these vaccines are implemented under emergency rules and they all grant immunity for the companies making these vaccines.
I will pass on it until the dust settles.

For myself, I've always been wary and will question the solutions.
What questions did you have about it? Read the FDA reports I mentioned earlier. The phase 1 trials started last April. There's also some additional info out there since those came out regarding adverse reactions.

It's a gamble either way, but the odds seem to vastly favor the vaccine vs without it. You do have to wonder why the rich and highly educated are fighting to get it while the poor and uneducated are reluctant to get it.

About 175 million doses have been administered at this point in the US.

If the data was in fact there, the there would be no need for an emergency use approval and therefore the companies making these vaccines would be held liable for their product.
But they are not and it is not in US only. Worldwide these vaccines are implemented under emergency rules and they all grant immunity for the companies making these vaccines.
I will pass on it until the dust settles.
Some of it is limited such as the phase 3 data was basically based on 2 months worth of data before being cut off. Normally you'd do a 2 year clinical trial. But if you did that in this case, we'd have a lot more dead people around. There has been some additional data which showed duration of the vaccine is good up to 6 months, antibody levels were still at 91%.

Perfect can be the enemy of the good. But in this case, they're all pretty good. Initial FDA requirements were just for 50%, these hit 85, 94.5 and 95% although you really can't compare them to each other because if you read the FDA reports, they were all done slightly differently and at different times so it's hard to do a head to head comparison. Normally flu vaccines only hit 40-60% and we've used those for years.

I'd also say that just because there's no liability on the part of the companies making the vaccine isn't really a valid point. Maybe it would make sense in normal times, but these aren't normal times. The liability waiver basically removed the risks from the companies so they had no reason not to push ahead. As 175 million doses has already been administered and there aren't any major issues, I'd say the dust has already settled.

Pretty sure I prefer to sleep on my left side also (TBH I roll around quite a bit, but I think left is most comfy).
Ya this is me, I try and sleep on my right side and may even fall asleep but I always wake up on my left side which is why I always get shots in my right arm. I would hate to be in pain and not be able to sleep. My first shot was somewhat painful for a few days and started creeping up my arm and towards my neck.

At this point, everyone's just desperate for life to return to some level of pre-covid "normal".

For myself, I've always been weary and will question the solutions before following the rest of the Lemmings.
:unsure:

Do you also hack down a couple packs of darts every day because you questioned the science on that too? Curious what your background is that you feel confident in questioning the efficacy of a vaccine that medical professionals are clambering over each other to get injected with :unsure:

I waited to see if there were going to be any significant side effects, consulted with the doctors I'm friends with, who were either already recipients of the vaccine or were waiting on getting theirs, then decided to move forward. That's not lemming behaviour, that's consulting with professionals in the industry and weighing potential risk against benefit. For people with pre-existing conditions that are at far greater risk of complications, the decision should be an easy one.

We had a local college student, 30 years old, no pre-existing conditions, caught a variant of concern from a party that he didn't even attend that was orchestrated by other students in the same residence. His respiratory system shutdown completely and they were unable to save him. This is somebody in the low risk group that his parents are now burying.

Lemmings blindly follow, ergo, that label can just as easily be cast on the scientifically illiterate who watch a few youtube videos from people who sound convincing but have no clue as to what they are talking about and follow their lead. The anti-vax community isn't a covert collective of scientific experts pushing back against corporate overlords, it primarily consists of people like Homemaker Debbie and Redneck Rod who think they make people autistic or slaves to the government. Things deeply steeped in conspiracy and oft peddled by those on the left side of the intellectual bell curve.

The question that should be asked is who has greater credibility: the cardiac surgeon with 10 years of med school, rubbing elbows with the people that develop and work on vaccine research, or the "Woke Bro" stocking shelves at Walmart with a youtube channel that also thinks the moon landing was faked?

I suggest that people look at who is getting vaccinated and who isn't; make an informed decision based on the best data you have access to. Regardless of which way you go, if you are doing your due diligence on this front, you cannot be labelled a "Lemming". Tossing that label around is dismissive and usually a position taken by people who lack the knowledge to participate in honest debate.

Looks like Pfizer is going to apply for full FDA approval as they now have 6 months worth of data.

Here's an interesting article on the origins of the vaccines.

You folks that have had both shots would you recommend getting the second shot in the other arm?

I didn't have a sore arm from either (Pfizer)

Just a little tired and a low grade fever. So it likely did something, but it didn't put me on my back. My 96 year old gma had actual C-19 back around Thanksgiving and survived it, so I'd like to think our genetics help. It was like a mild cold for her.

oilBabe had a rougher go with the vaccine than my gma had with actual C-19.

Get it in whatever arm you feel most comfortable with.

I got the J&J shot on Monday. That night I was a little achy, maybe a very light fever, and headache. By mid day Tuesday I was feeling 90% back to normal. Even though I wasn't that worried about the virus since I'm pretty healthy and hardly ever get sick, I always had a little bit of concern in the back of my mind so having the vaccine provides sort of a confidence boost in a way in that it's no longer in the back of my mind when I go out to eat, shop or whatever.

I got the J&J shot on Monday. That night I was a little achy, maybe a very light fever, and headache. By mid day Tuesday I was feeling 90% back to normal. Even though I wasn't that worried about the virus since I'm pretty healthy and hardly ever get sick, I always had a little bit of concern in the back of my mind so having the vaccine provides sort of a confidence boost in a way in that it's no longer in the back of my mind when I go out to eat, shop or whatever.
You're on your way but I don't think you have full protection until 4 weeks afterwards although you do have some after 2 weeks. I believe the other two are about the same, some protection after two weeks but I believe it doesn't really start until about 12 days or so. Full protection is 2 weeks after the 2nd dose with Modera so 6 weeks after the first shot and one week afterwards for Pfizer so 4 weeks after the first shot.

Remember, it's not 100%, Pfizer reported 927 cases after 6 months and 850 were in the placebo group with 77 in the vaccinated group although the severe cases were all in the placebo group. Data so far indicates that they all do what they're supposed to do, prevent severe cases, hospitalization and death.

I have had to ask doctors and nurses to get out of the way so my Rescue company crew could properly do cpr on two different calls for a cardiac arrest in the doctors office.
Most Healthcare professionals are highly trained in a certain area, such as a podiatrist or general practitioner. Most never do CPR. I've done it multiple times per shift for 25 years. Who would you rather crack your sternum? 🤣

Back