Yes I am so stupid.

I went shooting yesterday with my neighbor a retired plastic surgeon. He had a second CV 19 shot the day before and was saying he felt wiped out . I explained the immune response to him and when completed , He smiled at me and said" I know with an huge smile".. DOPE I am a Caboose explaining the immune response to a MD.

Last edited:
Had a like moment a few months ago with my writing partner who has awards for the craft. We were working remotely using industry software that allows real time collaboration when, while reviewing a section, I began explaining syntax to him. There was a long pause in the middle of which I began trying to extract my foot. He started laughing when he knew I got it.

I went shooting yesterday with my neighbor a retired plastic surgeon. He had a second CV 19 shot the day before and was saying he felt wiped out . I explained the immune response to him and when completed , He smiled at me and said" I know with an huge smile".. DOPE I am a Caboose explaining the immune response to a MD.
I'd be more concerned if he accidentally shot you because he wasn't feeling well. Being stupid is not a concern.

I've heard the second shot can be a real bear. My parents got theirs and the second shot had no affects on them. I'm scheduled to get my 2nd one tomorrow. I took thursday off just to sleep it off.

My neighbor is an ENT surgeon and if you ask any questions about anything other than the ENT specialty, the response is always, "I've forgotten everything other than my specialty". Of course not literally, but you do get very rusty on things you once knew and no longer use.

I've heard the second shot can be a real bear. My parents got theirs and the second shot had no affects on them. I'm scheduled to get my 2nd one tomorrow. I took thursday off just to sleep it off.
The older you are, the weaker the immune response on average. Moderna also has a higher percentage of side effects than Pfizer but that may be partly due to the 100 microgram shot instead of the 30 with Pfizer. Antibody levels seem slightly higher in Moderna vs Pfizer though.

It's all in the FDA advisory committee briefing documents and the sponsor data.

The older you are, the weaker the immune response on average. Moderna also has a higher percentage of side effects than Pfizer but that may be partly due to the 100 microgram shot instead of the 30 with Pfizer. Antibody levels seem slightly higher in Moderna vs Pfizer though.

It's all in the FDA advisory committee briefing documents and the sponsor data.

Yeah, @Rand noted the Moderna kicked his a$$, my neighbours, which also got it, were completely crippled by it. I had the Pfizer shot and there was absolutely no side effects, which is the same for everyone else I know that got it, so clearly there's a big difference between the two.

Sure, an MD certainly knows a fair bit of immunology but then again I'm always surprised how little some people in various fields of science know outside their little specialties. I live in a University town so I have friends who are profs in various sciences and I just assume if you're a full prof in chemical engineering you have some clue about animal physiology just from introductory courses in college. Well apparently, only if your research is in animals and since she works in plants she seems to know nothing. I know a moderate amount about a lot of different things and many of friends seem to know a A LOT about just a few things.

Yeah, @Rand noted the Moderna kicked his a$$, my neighbours, which also got it, were completely crippled by it. I had the Pfizer shot and there was absolutely no side effects, which is the same for everyone else I know that got it, so clearly there's a big difference between the two.
You should have seen the results from the Moderna phase 1 trial on the 250 microgram dose. They probably should have done a 50 microgram dose, but I think that happened afterwards which is why I think they're using that dosage for the booster/variant that they're working on now. Pfizer only did 10, 20 and 30 microgram doses in their phase 1 trial as opposed to Moderna's 25, 100 and 250 microgram dose.

Got shot at noon, worked till 6, by 10pm I was a shivering wreck in bed.
I slept 31 of 36 hours was miserable couldnt even sit in a chair.
felt like I was being icepicked with muscle cramps, hot/cold hot/cold hot/cold every 10min.
couldnt eat.

luckily after 2 days I was 80% back to normal.

I have pfizer. We'll see what happens!

Got shot at noon, worked till 6, by 10pm I was a shivering wreck in bed.
I slept 31 of 36 hours was miserable couldnt even sit in a chair.
felt like I was being icepicked with muscle cramps, hot/cold hot/cold hot/cold every 10min.
couldnt eat.

luckily after 2 days I was 80% back to normal.

I've wondered if people who have very bad reactions to the shots are the ones who would have died or become seriously ill if infected? My parents , while they have health problems, have great immune systems. I can't remember the last time either of them had a cold. Same with myself, the last time I had anything worth calling out of work for was 4 years ago.

I have pfizer. We'll see what happens!

I've wondered if people who have very bad reactions to the shots are the ones who would have died or become seriously ill if infected? My parents , while they have health problems, have great immune systems. I can't remember the last time either of them had a cold. Same with myself, the last time I had anything worth calling out of work for was 4 years ago.
It's probably the opposite. Immune response is weaker in older adults and they're the ones that are primarily dying from it.

Not catching a cold probably has more to do with hygiene than immune system.

It's probably the opposite. Immune response is weaker in older adults and they're the ones that are primarily dying from it.

Not catching a cold probably has more to do with hygiene than immune system.
Some folks are dying of Covid because their immune systems are overreacting and causing a cytokine storm which leads to all sorts of problems.

Back