I am so stupid #2

Yesterday morning a Cessna Citation jet flew overhead during my walk and several years ago I was chatting with one of my friends that was a Vietnam era Naval Aviator and captained out of a MD 90 [the latest DC9] at retirement told me the Citation is a beginners jet . I tried to think and figured the swept wing is slicker aero wise to get the proper answer. I decided to give him a call and ask. ,after the lesson he said by the way I told you about getting the job flying the King Air didn't I ? Yes that was a around 2 years ago , that is a nice plane. Well he said for the past few months I have been also flying the Citation jet. So you are flying a beginners jet I said . Like the pro he is, said yes and yesterday I landed between two 737s at the Reno airport just like when I was flying for the airlines. I really am so stupid.

Last edited:
Yesterday morning a Cessna Citation jet flew overhead during my walk and several years ago I was chatting with one of my friends that was a Vietnam era Naval Aviator and captained out of a MD 90 [the latest DC9] at retirement told me the Citation is a beginners jet . I tried to think and figured the swept wing is slicker aero wise to get the proper answer. I decided to give him a call and ask. ,after the lesson he said by the way I told you about getting the job flying the King Air didn't I ? Yes that was a around 2 years ago , that is a nice plane. Well he said for the past few months I have been also flying the Citation jet. So you are flying a beginners jet I said . Like the pro he is, said yes and yesterday I landed between two 737s at the Reno airport just like when I was flying for the airlines. I really am so stupid.
visible.jpg

The straight wing Citation is fairly docile as far as biz jets go. The Citation X is a totally different monster, that flies much higher and faster.

I guess the jest of the post was missed. My friend was a retired airline pilot , I teased him about flying a Straight wing [Beginners] jet he came back with I landed between two 737s at the Reno Nv airport.

Still don't understand what is funny about landing between two 737s regardless of what airplane he's flying.

Still don't understand what is funny about landing between two 737s regardless of what airplane he's flying.

My friend was a Naval aviator and a commercial airline pilot one day he pointed to a jet and said that is a beginners jet. He gets paid now to fly that jet. I teased him about flying a beginners jet. Realizing I was teasing him he came back with response of the other day I landed between two 737s at the Reno Airport just like when he was flying the Airliner. Knowing he got me back for telling him he was flying a beginners jet.

Back