Police were called, I was shoplifting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I should not have left the store. But I had my reasons.

1)Old lady in an unheated house on our coldest day of the year.

2) Merchandise bought and paid for, return item checked and replaced at customer service.

3)Long line at check out till.

4)No reason given why I should need to be at check out till (Credit Card not needed)

5) Assistant had other things more important to do, and so did I!
I explained this in a friendly manor before leaving with the merchandise I had paid Initally for. Strangely, I would have stayed IF he had stayed with me. I guess I wanted some commitment from the store.

6) Store slogan 'Neighbours helping Neighbours' this is not a big box store. I like to support local businesses. I have known some members of the staff for over a decade! But the owner is new.
You were definitely in the right, and crazy guy is lucky to not have been seriously injured, or killed. I spent 22 months working in a Canadian Tire, and also Home Hardware store. His conduct was highly illegal. I was trained by both stores, that no employee may attempt to detain a shoplifter. We can call 911, but that is all. Besides you never know who that customer is, and how capable of a fighter they are. Might be someone like my Dad, who is ex military, and also has trained in Martial arts for nearly 3 decades. I guarantee that had that guy done it to my Father, the beating would have been severe. A screaming stranger jumping into the box of Dad's truck, would be viewed as a threat, and threats get dealt with harshly.

Couldn't get through that. Why doesn't anyone use paragraphs any more?
In fairness, the OP may have used paragraphs, or he may not, but some coding was lost in the software migration last summer, and paragraphs and punctuation may have been affected.

Regardless, I’m fascinated by how many want to comment on a three year old thread.

Particularly when the OP hasn’t been seen in a year or so...

Just look at the date of the last post before making a new post. 👀 :D
cap.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back