Yes I am so stupid.

You should have seen the results from the Moderna phase 1 trial on the 250 microgram dose. They probably should have done a 50 microgram dose, but I think that happened afterwards which is why I think they're using that dosage for the booster/variant that they're working on now. Pfizer only did 10, 20 and 30 microgram doses in their phase 1 trial as opposed to Moderna's 25, 100 and 250 microgram dose.
There are a lot educated guesses that go into dose ranging studies. Need tox data (animal studies) in order to support phase 1 dosing. It's a very linear process.

I got my second Pfizer shot 4 weeks ago. My vision was blurred for a few hours so I called the vaccination clinic and asked if I should go to the ER, they told me no, but I should come back and pick up my glasses! ;) Seriously, I had a sore shoulder for about 24 hours after each shot but that’s it.

My wife got her second Pfizer shot Friday morning and felt fine with just a sore arm. Saturday morning she said she started feeling like she was getting the flu but started slamming down water which she said made her feel better. I go this Friday for second Pfizer shot and plan on drinking lots of water. She does have Lupus.

My wife got her second Pfizer shot Friday morning and felt fine with just a sore arm. Saturday morning she said she started feeling like she was getting the flu but started slamming down water which she said made her feel better. I go this Friday for second Pfizer shot and plan on drinking lots of water. She does have Lupus.
Friend of mine got his vaccine and was told to drink a lot of water and gatorade.

I have pfizer. We'll see what happens!

I've wondered if people who have very bad reactions to the shots are the ones who would have died or become seriously ill if infected? My parents , while they have health problems, have great immune systems. I can't remember the last time either of them had a cold. Same with myself, the last time I had anything worth calling out of work for was 4 years ago.
supposely people who had covid are having worse reactions..
I possibly had it in early January.
2 new coworkers (after that period) had no reaction to moderna vac
2 I worked with then also had moderate reactions.

supposely people who had covid are having worse reactions..
I possibly had it in early January.
2 new coworkers (after that period) had no reaction to moderna vac
2 I worked with then also had moderate reactions.
They're having a worse reaction to the first shot because it's almost like the 2nd shot for them as they already have some level of antibodies in their system. Normally without it, the 2nd shot boost the immune system to 3-4x as high as people who recovered from it normally. Because antibody levels were so high they're still effective against the variants although less so than against the original. That's why the recommendation is for those who recovered should also get a shot although some other countries are saying they only need one shot. The theory in Brazil is that the P1 variant are re-infecting people who already recovered against the original, but if they had been vaccinated they wouldn't have gotten sick again. But their lack of vaccine now is a separate problem.

I had a reaction to the first modena shot. Sore arm and cold/flu flue for a couple of days. Second shot on Thursday—so looking forward to it,

then again—I am looking forward to it. However bad it is—it’ll be done and over with.

Some folks are dying of Covid because their immune systems are overreacting and causing a cytokine storm which leads to all sorts of problems.

In fact many, many, many people have what you have said here is the main issue.

Thus why Prednisone has been extensively used in treatment for many people.

And why some people... responded so well with hydroxychloroquine.... Like the 70+ year old patient with an EXTENSIVE respiratory history by the way I had patient admitted to my place of work. He was on a ventilator in ICU... Got the zinc, hydroxychloroquine and antibiotic treatment.... 3 days later he's extubated and taken to a regular medical floor and doing very, very well.

I got my second Pfizer shot 4 weeks ago. My vision was blurred for a few hours so I called the vaccination clinic and asked if I should go to the ER, they told me no, but I should come back and pick up my glasses! ;) Seriously, I had a sore shoulder for about 24 hours after each shot but that’s it.

I made the mistake of getting mine in my right arm. I have some problems with the rotator cuff and my right shoulder is pretty much always in pain, more or less. For some reason I was expecting the paint to be absorbed . Didnt happen. Double whammy on that arm!

I had a reaction to the first modena shot. Sore arm and cold/flu flue for a couple of days. Second shot on Thursday—so looking forward to it,

then again—I am looking forward to it. However bad it is—it’ll be done and over with.

The second shot is kicking my rear end! Chills started about 12 hours after, but went away after a few hours. But I have this terrible migraine. ANd sooooo tired and dehydrated.

The second shot is kicking my rear end! Chills started about 12 hours after, but went away after a few hours. But I have this terrible migraine. ANd sooooo tired and dehydrated.
I just got the second shot about 2 hours ago. I was dreading it all morning, now I'm waiting for the shoe to drop. The first shot took like 8 hours before it hit.

I went shooting yesterday with my neighbor a retired plastic surgeon. He had a second CV 19 shot the day before and was saying he felt wiped out . I explained the immune response to him and when completed , He smiled at me and said" I know with an huge smile".. DOPE I am a Caboose explaining the immune response to a MD.

Hope he didn't shoot better than you! :rolleyes:

It's probably the opposite. Immune response is weaker in older adults and they're the ones that are primarily dying from it.

Not catching a cold probably has more to do with hygiene than immune system.
As we age we get closer to death.

You folks that have had both shots would you recommend getting the second shot in the other arm?
I don't think it matters, but I figured as I'm right handed that I would get the shots in the left arm both times. Only really sore if you pressed on the spot where the injection went in, otherwise it was fine.

Here's some general information:

I elected to be odd: both shots in my right arm, and I'm right handed. I think it's because I drive left handed, after driving manual transmission for a long time (right hand free to shift and fiddle with radio). I also think I tend to open doors a lot left handed. Pretty sure I prefer to sleep on my left side also (TBH I roll around quite a bit, but I think left is most comfy).

Back