Yellow Can - 'fess up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is willing to fess up that they have a PureOne yellow can on one of their vehicles right now?

I had one on my car until last week until I did an oil change. I put a NAPA Gold on just to get it off the shelf in the garage. Next oil change PureOne will be going back on

Silverado - PureOne pl25288
Saab - PureOne pl14006
Jetta 2.0 - PureOne pl20252
Jetta 1.8 - PureMann l40316 (no PureOne available in this size)
Explorer - PureOne pl24651

I still have a stash of yellow filters from when Amazon had a smokin' deal on them and then there was a rebate on top of that. Unfortunately, I have purchased a few more vehicles since then and they are running other colors. I wish they'd bring those deals and rebates back again.

I've got Yellow Can's sibling on my cars (Bosch Premium). Same internals and don't have to deal with the yellow grippy material that can get all over your hands and gasket...

Last edited:
I do (sans the can) on my HHR. It's a Pure 1 Cartridge filter. But it did come in a yellow box. Does that count?

Originally Posted By: cp3
Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Rocking a PureONE PL14610 on my Civic right now. Next OCI as well.

Where did you get those? Hard to come by up here!

I usually grab a hand full of them at Meijer in Port Huron when I go.. It's only about an hour from me. Been buying my oil from there as well. $26 for SynPower or M1 regular price. Unreal!

I got one on my SOnata from the 2 for 10 at AAP....My buick is rocking QS filter and then I have a case of bulk Napa filters for it....I buy whats on sale usually

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
'fess up'?

Why, is there something wrong with them? Some reason why we'd be embarrassed to use them?

I believe this is meant to be a response thread to the Orange Can - 'fess up thread.

Last edited:
Where is our OCOD cheerleader? He must be on "vacation".
whistle.gif

I know most on here will consider this a "waste", and blast me to no end for using one this way; but I've used them as a flush, or final rinse filter when using an engine flush, or Kreen, along with a HM oil (M1, or ML).
27.gif

Yes, overkill I know, but that is what I do automotive-wise (and I bought them on a BOGO at Advance).
smile.gif

All right, here's my confession. I would like to have some yellow cans but there are none to be found around here. I remember seeing purolator as a kid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back