MICROGARD SELECT EXTENDED LIFE #MSL 57060 CUT OPEN

I love these MicroGard posts!! Every..single..one.. looks good! Have we even seen a MicroGard select made by premium guard that has looked bad? or had any problems?! I can't remember.. Almost seems like we have not. thanks for posting this! china or vietnam, they look the same! that's good production too!

They always seem to look great. No excess glue on the media and end caps, no tears, and plenty of evenly spaced pleats. Too bad they aren't embarrassing MANN+HUMMEL into do a better job at some of their US factories.

I have a case of six PG XLs in my cart for 8 bucks each to my door. I am tempted to pull the trigger, the 99% at 25 microns is making me hesitant I usually use Frams that are 99% at 20.

For which vehicle ?

That’s not what Fram.com says… Pretty sure the 1.5 would take the same bypass rating filter as the GM 3.6? But, Adam, you’ve changed a lot more of them than I have!;)
This is what WIX says. 2.0 engine specs same filter as 1.5

Attachments

• IMG_7732.jpeg
    IMG_7732.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 18
Thought the new variable pressure GM oil pumps could hit 75 PSI under certain conditions? Unlike my Express 6.0 that couldn’t top 40 PSI below zero? Like this example in a Malibu-60 PSI at 60 MPH? https://www.chevymalibuforum.com/threads/oil-pressure.118006/
(Which is why GM changed the bypass spec from 14 to 22 PSI).
The oil filter bypass vavle setting is based on the expected delta-p across the filter, which is dependant on the oil flow volume and oil viscosiy. Hard to say what the oil flow volume is for any specific engine based just on its oil pressure. Need to know both to know the whole picture. But I thought GM increased their filter bypass valve setting because the oil pump uses a pressure feedback sensor far from the pump which could cause a momentary high flow condition on cold starts which could make the filter bypass until the system stabilized.

These also get sold under the Pentius label on Amazon. They’ve gone up in price but are still under $5 per filter when buying the 12 pack

Different company completely.. they look very similar but they are coming from different sources.. Pentius are even a little bit better than the Premium Guard IMO.

Back