XD3 in Ontario, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello fellow bitogs, I am making a trip to Noco this week to stock up on some XD3 0W30 because there will be a price increase come April 1. If there is anyone interested on wanting some let know beacause there pickup centre closes at 3 and most can't get there before because of work etc. Remember this oil is a close match for GC at almost half the price. See ya.
cheers.gif

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to wait another three months until the 1 year mark on my oil change, and buy the oil then.

Since the price is going up on April 1st (you sure this isn't an early April fools joke?
tongue.gif
) I'll just go down next week, probably Monday.

Any way, do you know how much the price is going up?

offtopic.gif

What oil filter are you planning to use/using with your Esso XD-3? Right now I am thinking of going with a Napa Gold since that's the best I can find, and the price is good too.

canada.gif

I have a Maxlife that I am using currently beacuse I got it for free, after its done I am going to switch to the Gold. They work out to 6.20 each for a case of 12 at NAPA.I have a bunch of the Maxlifes that I might rotate through the summer with.

quote:

Originally posted by 55:
Where did you get Maxlife for free?

I don't know about "up there", but "down here" last year Advance Auto Parts had a Free-After-Rebate coupon for the MaxLife oil filter.

Since no one has answered you yet Frank@Toronto I guess I'll give it a go.

The price of Esso XD-3 is going up April 1st, which is what this thread is about. No one has posted what the new price will be, but that is something I would like to know myself.

Now, to answer your question. I don't have a recent price, but if I remember correctly a case of 12 1L bottles was $56.03 with tax (that's $4.67 a bottle with tax), and this price was from about September or October of 2005. If I remember correctly that is. No harm in posting the price I suppose since its going up in two days any way.

Comparing to Mobil 1, which I think sells for $6.99 or $7.99 a bottle plus tax (I could be wrong but that's the numbers I remember, if so please correct me) at Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart.

I think Esso XD-3 is a great deal, and most likely will still be a great deal after the price increase after April 1st.

The sky is falling the sky is fall! Just kidding. I couldn't resist posting that after I found out the increse on the price of Esso XD-3 Extra 0W-30.

Now to be fair, seeing the increases in price on the other motor oils around I (like most others probably) was thinking it would be a big increase.

Well, when I placed my order today, I asked and the person told me that it will be approximately 12 cents per litre, depending on if you order the bottles or the jugs (at least that's how I understood it).

So I ordered my oil, and I'm glad to find out it will still be a great deal for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back