Would you consider buying this car with a rusty frame/floor?

I have actually had a Subaru Forester from that same model year collapse on a rack after it was put on a shop lift because the frame and substructure was so rusted out. The crazy thing was that despite the fact that it was obviously unsafe to continue driving, the owner essentially wanted to argue with me so I would convince her that it could be fixed so that she could continue driving it. The reality was that she was just too brutally cheap to buy a different vehicle.

I have actually had a Subaru Forester from that same model year collapse on a rack after it was put on a shop lift because the frame and substructure was so rusted out. The crazy thing was that despite the fact that it was obviously unsafe to continue driving, the owner essentially wanted to argue with me so I would convince her that it could be fixed so that she could continue driving it. The reality was that she was just too brutally cheap to buy a different vehicle.
Did she blame you for the collapse and or try to sue you? Those are the kind to be leary of.

Did she blame you for the collapse and or try to sue you? Those are the kind to be leary of.

No actually she was just desperate to keep that car on the road by any means necessary, I have seen this before with other people that I've worked with to include some of my closest friends and what it really boils down to is people just being incredibly cheap and effectively gaslighting themselves as a result.

Would you consider buying this car with a rusty frame/floor?​

no.jpg

Back