Would you all like to see ISO 4548-12 Oil Filter Lab Testing Comparison, Efficiency & Capacity, Pressure vs Flow, Bubble Point, and Burst?

I will get a video out with more details, but at the moment I cannot. I hope you all enjoy this summery of your favorite filters! You all have waited long enough and I appreciate you patients!

Efficiency Compairson Graph Pic 2.jpg
Efficiency Compairson Graph Pic 3.jpg
Capacity Compairson Graph Pic 1.jpg
Efficiency Compairson Graph Pic 4.jpg

I will get a video out with more details, but at the moment I cannot. I hope you all enjoy this summery of your favorite filters! You all have waited long enough and I appreciate you patients!

View attachment 59366View attachment 59367View attachment 59363View attachment 59368
It's insane to see how hard the Wix XP falls off in terms of efficiency. That would explain why we never see the efficiency posted elsewhere.

Thanks for putting this together! I hope all is well.

Thank you for posting this. Time to stock up on Fram Ultras!

So the Wix XP is coming in at something like 62% efficiency @ 20 microns. Well that's better than 50% that's been reported, but not by much.

Thanks for testing that filter, Andrew.
My pleasure! You are correct sir 61.6% @ 20um(c). I hope you watch the video when I am able to make it, when feeling better. I will go into much more detail if you are interested.

It's insane to see how hard the Wix XP falls off in terms of efficiency. That would explain why we never see the efficiency posted elsewhere.

Thanks for putting this together! I hope all is well.
It is possible that this Wix XP filter is an outlier. We would need to run a sample lot of random filters to know with any kind of statistical certainty.

I doubt it. Wix has been telling some of us when we've called, that the efficiency for the XP is 50%. So if it is an outlier, it wouldn't be by much.
I had run a series of efficiency tests on some of these brands (not the same models) about 11 years ago. I remember being surprised at the results. It was a fun project then and the company I tested for was paid for it, but I have to say it was even more fun this time, doing this for all you guys in my lab :)

Nice work, appreciate the efforts.

Now what I'd like to see, as suggested earlier this thread, is 4548-12 testing of some OEM filters. Specifically the Asian OFs, ie. Honda, Toyota(Denso), and perhaps Nissan.... Be interesting to see if the Amsoil ISO results of 2011 for the first two are confirmed.

Then the discussion could be had about engine longevity (especially first two) of those manufacturers with use of the OEM filter and thier efficiency specs. ;-)

Again, thanks for the efforts.

Then the discussion could be had about engine longevity (especially first two) of those manufacturers with use of the OEM filter and thier efficiency specs. ;-)
In your dreams.

Oh wait, you said "discussion", yes there will be that. Devoid of actual factual information of course, but discussion.

Andrew - did you get any data below 15 microns? Looking at the Ultra efficiency, it looks like it could make the claim that it's around 80-85% at 5 microns.

Back