Worst. Rancher. Ever.

That's why I gave up raising animals, years ago. I had mainly sheep, goats and a couple calves. I have no patience for them. Came home from work numerous times to find them out of my fences. (which were old and crappy)

I enjoyed chickens the most. Gave fresh eggs and they were fun to watch, chasing crickets and stuff.

Worst was a mean billy goat. He would ram me and do anything to start a fight. I ended the fight several times with the pattern of a 12 gauge shotgun, from a distance. He would stand in the barn sore, for a month or so. One day he wanted to fight. I took
him to the ground and held him on his back. Hollered to wife and said to get a 5 gallon bucket of water. She poured it into his face and he cried like a baby. LOL! Got up and he was really pizzed then!

Would have been interesting to see an X-ray of the goat. He had to have been loaded with shot.

Don't miss those days, except for the chickens. Glad I moved to town.
Reminds me of a fellow that I work with once who bought a farm, and came home to find his wife and kid unable to get out of the barn because the goat had been attacking them and they took refuge in the barn. He walked up to that goat and punched it in the center of its head with all of his might to let the go know that he was the boss.

I'm on my way...

If I was close enough….

I’d be on my way…

With a grill… and charcoal briquettes, hickory wood chunks, and seasonings.

Picture is of pork spareribs off my grill… A little over a week ago… Turned out darn, darn good.

Beef ribs I enjoy and smoke as well. By the way boneless beef short ribs are extremely good.

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpeg
    IMG_0344.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back